Hello, I am Sparrow. First of all, I apologize for the absolute wall of text that this has turned into, but I would appreciate if you read all of it before expressing interest in the game. Newish DM Running the Lost Mine of Phandelver for D&D 5e, looking for another 3-4 players for a total of 4-5. Open to new/newish players, both to roleplaying in general and to the system. The game will be run using Discord for voice and roll20 for everything else. Since it will include voice, you will need a headset and a microphone. Please have your discord set to push-to-talk for the game. The game will be a mix of serious and fun, I don’t like to lean too heavily on either. It will also be a mix of roleplaying and combat, so fleshed out characters are a must. This game is 18+ more because I don’t want to have to avoid things like swearing, flirting, violence and other ‘adult’ topics, rather than there being any particular focus on any of the above. This game is LGBT+ friendly and I expect players to be the same, with emphasis on everything after the LG, since some people seem to forget. If any of the things in the acronym bother you this probably isn’t the game for you. You don’t have to be LGBT+ yourself, or have characters that are, you just need to be respectful. I expect you to be respectful of other marginalized groups as well. Bigotry will not be tolerated. I’m somewhat new to DMing, but I have been roleplaying both with and without systems for quite a while. That said, most of my experience is with text. Because of both of these, please be patient with me if I ever need a few moments to collect my thoughts, or if there are any fumbles and/or mistakes that you wouldn’t expect from say, a more experienced DM. I still expect you to respect my rulings and to respect myself and the other players in general. We will be having a session 0 for making characters, and I would like the players to work together to make a group that fits. I am looking for a group (both in character and out) that can work together. I value team cohesion over alignment. I do not want full on PvP, I don’t want murderhobos, and I do not want to have to bend over backwards to get the group together. This means I will expect the characters to be both willing and able to team up and pursue the plot. I also do not want any characters that are too OP, everyone should get a chance to shine and it gets pretty boring for the rest if there’s one person carrying all the combat. Outside of this, go nuts with character creation. I intend to run this game at the same time (Fridays, 10am NZT) every week until the end of the campaign. If you don’t think you can make it to at least most of these sessions (and definitely the first two, sessions 0-1) please don’t apply. Obviously sometimes real life gets in the way, but please give as much warning as possible before game starts if you can’t make it, I will endeavour to do the same. Please let me know if you want to leave the campaign. If you’ve read all that and are still interested in playing, here is how to join: Send me a private message on Roll20 with the following information: What you would like to be called (name, nickname, username, whatever is comfortable) and what pronouns you use. A confirmation that you have read the rules and that you are 18+. Tell me about one of your favourite characters that you have played and/or a roleplaying moment that you really enjoyed. While I would like to get back to everyone who messages, if I get a large volume of responses that might be a bit of a task. If I don’t get back to you within a week, you can assume that the answer is no. If I like your response I will invite you to come and talk with me and the other existing player on Discord (voicechat) for a more in-depth talk. The application process will not be first-come first-served.