Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for an API script to create character sheets on the fly

I'm looking for an API that will enable me to click a macro button in the bar to create a character sheet and prompt me for a name of that character. Any ideas on if this exists?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I know of a couple of API scripts that can create character sheets, but none that quite meet that spec. What is your intended use case, that using the normal method won't work?
I'm preparing to run a session of Dungeon World. During the creation of world map locations I will be dropping map icons onto the world map. My hope was that with a combination of TokenMod and another API script, I could create a macro so that I can press a button and be prompted a single time for a name for the location. That macro would then fill in the token name and create a character sheet with the same name.  Then, I could simply open the character sheet for the created location and fill in notes for that location as the players describe it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I would recommend a different approach to keep campaign overhead down. Look at Map Pins , particularly the API option at the bottom. (Most of that post is how to do it without the API). This method adds practically nothing to you game size or performance. I'll see if I can put together a quick video demo.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is a link to the version of GM notes that I use. This allows you to send a token's GM Notes to the chat in a way visible to both GM and players with the command  !pcnote The quick demo video is here .
This is excellent Keith, thanks for going to the trouble of creating the video, it was very helpful!