Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Auto Crop Handout Window to fit the picture?

Edited 1581202427
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to auto crop the handout window so that it matches the size of the picture I want to show players. It just really bugs me that this big white window appears, with the picture only filling part of it. In Fantasy Grounds for example, the picture box auto matches the size of the picture you want to display. It's a lot neater/better looking. I know I know - first world problems - but I'm hoping there might be a way to do this. If there is however I couldn't figure it out. Any help appreciated!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The equivalent to that would be using the Z key to preview an image, or shift Z to include players. I don't know of a way to auto-size like that.
Thanks Keith that works great actually! One other related question, do you know if there is a way to drop an object/token into the chat and have it display there? Cheers and thanks again for your help :DD

Edited 1581270149
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Absolutely. The format for displaying a picture in chat is the markdown format [label](url). The "label" part will not display, but will be available for assistive readers and such. The URL must be a valid image URL (png, jpg, gif). It will display in chat at the width of the chat window. The best part is if you click on the image, it will open up in full resolution in a new window/tab. I use this trick extensively for making map pins [ description | video ]. I keep all image URLs in imgur, so the images don't add game overhead. If you need to find the url of an image in your own library, use the "Z" trick and right click on it to get the url. Be sure to strip any extra characters after the file type (png, jpg, gif).
OMG thank you so much Keith, perfect!!!