Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PAIZO] Pathfinder Second Edition Bestiary Bug Thread

Edited 1571692489
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing the Pathfinder Second Edition Bestiary ! Quick Guide Accessing your content Compendium You can access all monsters and rules pages in the in-app compendium , as well as on the Roll20 web compendium . Which Character Sheet should I use? All Pathfinder Second Edition licensed content on Roll20 uses the Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 sheet. Bug Reporting Guide To help us find the best solution to any issues that may occur with your purchased content, please fill out as many of the following as are applicable when making a report: A short, detailed description of the problem What is the issue, How is it affecting your game, What is happening, What should happen? Clear and concise information is the most helpful in seeking out solutions Copy-paste any error codes received Include screenshots of the issue  Known Issues Spells do not populate on spellcasting creatures - This will be available in a large update coming late 2019 Spells do not drag and drop - This will be available in a large update coming late 2019
I am unsure if this is a bug or working as intended, but some monsters can't be dragged onto the tabletop and lacks proper sheets, see this thread; Link
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Dawnwalker said: I am unsure if this is a bug or working as intended, but some monsters can't be dragged onto the tabletop and lacks proper sheets, see this thread; Link It would be helpful if you tell the exact names of these monsters, so that they can be looked at.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dawnwalker said: So, merrily, to save myself a ton of time, I bought the PF2 Bestiary. It seems, however, that some monsters (And I have been unable to figure out a pattern) lacks a proper NPC sheet. Sure, they do have the stats written down, but you can't click them to make rolls and can't drag them onto the map to get a token. Additionally, searching for their names in the Compendium doesn't bring up any results. Is this laziness, me making a mistake or an example of "Whoops, we published before we were finished"? If it is just how it is supposed to be, then I am grasping for a reason why I paid for this and didn't just keep using my PDF. Honestly kind of considering a refund here, cos this is just bordering on having no value :/ Search should be working shortly, could you give me a screenshot please of what you mean by "some monsters lack a proper NPC sheet"?

Edited 1570553480
The Giant Flytrap, working as it should, opens the sheet and drops a token, like this: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/mLecRQZ.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/mLecRQZ.png</a> The Kraken, not working as I think it should, drops a blank token and it sheets looks like this: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/uOHaXzQ.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/uOHaXzQ.png</a> I don't know HOW many monsters it affects, but more than one at least, I dragged some randomly. Edit: Something else that I don't really mind and am not sure if it is intended, but I had already made a NPC sheet for my Phoenix and given it a token, which was linked. When I then dragged the "Official" token onto the tabletop, it used the token I had assigned to my self-made NPC sheet rather than the portrait token. Again, I don't mind, but if it will cause some problems, you may want to know.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for the screenshots, that's very helpful! Investigating now. Let me know if the search is still having issues for you as well please! :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dawnwalker - Please delete the nonfunctional/tokenless versions of characters If you have any sheets with the same creature names, please change them (to something like Phoenix 1, for example) Then try dragging out again
Why should I be expected to pay for a product that isn't complete and lacks one of the major elements needed for use? Specifically the spell casting abilities of the monsters?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Xathos - All monsters come with a list of their spells, just as you would expect in the print version of the book. Clickable spells, which are a unique functionality, will be provided in a later update. Happy Gaming!
Bar 3 AC vs bar 2 AC is slightly bothersome. Any reason it's set there? I changed it in game settings, but now it puts it in both.
One thing I've noticed is that some monsters which should have a creature level of -1 are just listed as 1. Such as the Kobold Warrior:&nbsp; Screenshot

Edited 1570631496
It seems the " Monster List " link doesn't work.&nbsp; &nbsp;The link it sends to is :&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/pf2/Miscellaneous:Monster%20List?order=4137#content" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/pf2/Miscellaneous:Monster%20List?order=4137#content</a> Result is a big Page Not Found
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Andrew - Great catch, those pesky negatives seem to have gotten lost! I've updated all Level -1 creatures: Animated Broom, Bloodseeker, Eagle, Flash Beetle, Giant Centipede, Giant Rat Goblin Warrior, Guard Dog, Kobold Warrior, Mitflit, Skeleton Guard, Sprite, Viper, and Zombie Shambler to accurately reflect their level. Thank you for the report! Gardan - Thank you for your report! Updated the link to this page in the index. The page you're looking for is found here .
Please add inline rolls to all abilities. It's kinda annoying to click ability and then roll a dice manually. For example: When the efreeti grabs a creature, that creature takes 2d6 fire damage, and takes 2d6 fire damage at the end of each of its turns as long as it remains grabbed.&nbsp; Should be: When the efreeti grabs a creature, that creature takes [[2d6]] fire damage, and takes [[2d6]] fire damage at the end of each of its turns as long as it remains grabbed.&nbsp;
Every charactersheet has "Buidling", displays no stats and that is your misspelling.
Andreas J. said: Dawnwalker said: I am unsure if this is a bug or working as intended, but some monsters can't be dragged onto the tabletop and lacks proper sheets, see this thread; Link It would be helpful if you tell the exact names of these monsters, so that they can be looked at. For me, it is all of them.
There's a bug when dragging and dropping monsters from the compendium while the "Use window popouts for characters" setting is activated. The popup comes up, character sheets gets stuck on 'building' and the token does not load correctly. This can be reproduced on any monster. Was fixed by deleting the char sheet and tokens off , taking the setting off and loading them back in.
Donald D. said: Every charactersheet has "Buidling", displays no stats and that is your misspelling. For me, turning off 'use window popouts for characters' fixed this after deleting all those monsters and re-adding.
The Gelugon appears to have an ability that belongs to the Faceless Stalker. The name on the sheet is correctly "Attack of Opportunity", but the description is that of "Revert Form" from the Faceless Stalker. The Faceless Stalker, in turn, lacks Revert Form.
Mike W. said: There's a bug when dragging and dropping monsters from the compendium while the "Use window popouts for characters" setting is activated. The popup comes up, character sheets gets stuck on 'building' and the token does not load correctly. This can be reproduced on any monster. Was fixed by deleting the char sheet and tokens off , taking the setting off and loading them back in. This is very likely what was causing all of mine to fail, however, I already refunded it.&nbsp; I may buy it again in a couple of months.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Mike - Thank you for your solution! I'll pass this onto dev in my bug ticket. Donald - I'm sorry to hear of your issues with the Bestiary, but I'm glad you've already found a solution that works for you. Happy gaming elsewhere for now! Dawnwalker - Thanks for your suggestions and report! I'll get this fixed as soon as possible.
Donald - I'm sorry to hear of your issues with the Bestiary, but I'm glad you've already found a solution that works for you. Happy gaming elsewhere for now! Thanks, Take care,
I cannot acces any monster sheet anymore as I get the BUILDING NPC&nbsp; message and it never goes away. I am using the pathfinder second edidtion roll20 character sheet. It was working fine for the first game and it started with the homunculus monster. That day all the other monster were working properly. Today every monster have the same bug unless they were already in my journal. I tried to copy the game but the problem still persist. Making a whole new game seem to fix the bug. I feel there is some kind of corruption in the backend that is preventing the compendium to reach the database. I did install script lately. PowerCard, TokenMod, Initiative. I removed them for testing purposes but nothing changed. Here is some screen shots of different monster:&nbsp; Here is an error I get when I try to load a monster :&nbsp; Turns out this was fixed by removing the&nbsp; "Use window popouts for characters" option&nbsp; &nbsp;is there anyone looking into this and a reason why this happens?
GuiMoezAlex A. said: Turns out this was fixed by removing the&nbsp; &nbsp; "Use window popouts for characters" option&nbsp; &nbsp;is there anyone looking into this and a reason why this happens? It was reported in the post right above yours and devs are aware of this issue.
Dragging out a bestiary token seems to no longer populate its bars.

Edited 1573343428
Bast L. said: Dragging out a bestiary token seems to no longer populate its bars. This does not appear to be consistent - Some monsters (Such as the Gnoll Hunter and Skeletal Champion) does get a HP Bar, but others (Like a Hyena or a Jaguar) does not. My *guess* is that it has something to do with how the Default is set up? Under Default in my game settings, under the sheet, it says it will set the bar to Hit_Points_Max, but no such stat exists (On NPCs at least).
Aye, after reading your post, I set defaults for bar 1 to be hit_points, and for bar 2 to be armor_class, and now it seems to work. Thanks.
So not big deal, but I think it would be cool if Paizo could give roll20 the pictures for bestiary creatures not pictured in bestiary from new art produced for bestiary pawn box. &nbsp;(like aasimar uses duskwalker's picture, but they apparently have new art in pawn box pawns) Probably too much shenanigans to do that since bestiary and pawn box ARE technically different products, but I said about this at Paizo and respond was that they give materials roll20 asked for and when I months(or year, I remember it was about war for the crown?) earlier asked something similar at roll20 about pictures for AP characters who got art in pawns but not AP itself, the roll20 team replied they used art paizo gave them :'D So figured out that even if it doesn't work out(due to whatever shenanigans involved), might as well suggest it again since it'd be cool :D But yeah not big deal enjoynment wise either way.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
JJL - Great question! When we convert a product from Paizo onto Roll20 we receive only the relevant book's assets. We do request some assets that Paizo delivers (such as art and content for Bestiary 1-6 creatures, art from the NPC Codex, etc.) for tokens and art handouts in the game, but to make those requests we reference the book the text directing us to, and sometimes, unfortunately, a creature still does not have art or that art does not appear in the referenced text. We're open to expanding what assets we request from Paizo and what texts we're referencing, but, currently, we only have assets for the art in the book or art with a direct reference in the book as we focus on that product. I hope that answers your question, and thank you for bringing up something for us to think about as we move forward on Paizo content!
Yay! :D Nice to hear that wasn't annoying question or something, I always feel bit anxious when I ask about stuff like this. Its still not super big deal since I can just upload the pawns pictures for appropriate AP characters, but it would be super neat if it worked out in future since assets that come with roll20 modules tend to both be in higher resolution.(and pawn pdfs have that weird border thing as they are supposed to be printed and cut out) I'm not gonna be too disappointed if it doesn't work out since pawn accessories come out after all six AP parts are already out... It'd probably be easier for bestiaries and older APs with pawns already out.
Not all of the monsters have a character sheet. When I drag the Wolf token to the map I get a blank token and no option to select a sheet. I checked the pop out and it's not marked.
Moving report here: Travis G. &nbsp;said: Ancient red dragons in the PF2 bestiary on this platform have the stats of an adult dragon, this includes health, move speed, skills, stat modifiers, perception bonus and creature level. Please find and address! Also, green dragons are missing the Miasma effect in their block. Miasma is listed, but then the block containing info is missing.
I have the Bestiary in my Paizo Account but the discount doesn´t appear.&nbsp;Is this intended?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Travis - Sorry for the delay in response! This should be fixed as of December 29, 2019. Thank you for your report, and please let us know if you have any further issues. Retrolanx - Would you please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> with your information and issue? Thanks!
Hi, I was trying to drop a kobold warrior from the compendium and access the NPC/monster character sheet.&nbsp; I got a "Building NPC" pop-up over the sheet that would not go away.&nbsp; I thought I was doing something wrong, but after some reading I tried another monster - a goblin commando.&nbsp; That works just fine.&nbsp; This led me to conclude it just isn't working with kobold warrior from the P 2E bestiary.&nbsp; The process also worked with hobgoblin general and kobold scout.&nbsp; Just not with the lowly kobold.&nbsp; Thanks! Dan

Edited 1584245626
I am still having the issue of most monsters not populating their bars when I drag them. So far none of the ones I've tried it on have done it successfully.
Hello! I'm converting Rise of the Runelords to 2nd edition, and have purchased both the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary module and, just now, the 2nd Edition Pathfinder Bestiary. I'm running into some issues. The sheets I'm pulling up for the monsters don't appear to have automated actions; nothing is highlighted on their sheets as it is in the 1st edition monster compendium, and there's nothing to click regarding attacks, saves, etc. Maybe I'm just missing where that's an option, but I'm unsure. I'm also unable to drag and drop tokens. It either drags in the 1st edition version of the monster (I've been trying to drag in a 2e troll and it keeps dragging in a 1e troll), or if the monster doesn't exist in 1st edition (such as an ogre glutton) then it just drops in a token of a person's silhouette. I've gone into my game settings to ensure that it's set to use the Pathfinder 2nd Edition compendium. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!
If these problems stem from the window popout issue above, I think I'd just like a refund and to have it removed from my account, since I only use digital sheets if I have the ability to put them on my second screen, and otherwise I'll just use paper trackers.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
OatsMalone - I'll have Dev investigate this. Please contact us at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> if you're interested in processing a refund, as doing so requires account information. Thanks for your report!
Thanks, Ashton! I figured out a workaround for the pop-out issue, so I'll be using it regardless and won't need the refund, but I'm still not sure how to monsters from the Compendium that share a name with monsters that were already in the Rise of the Runelords module.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
OatsMalone - If you change the names (just slightly—even to Monster1) of the monsters that already exist in your game, then you'll be able to drag in that monster from the compendium. All of your links will still direct to the original monster, but you'll have the new stat block! Hope that helps.

Edited 1586590029
I can not believe I am making this post again, but I guess I am, since no one bothered to correct it. Dragging out monsters from the bestiary STILL often does not give them any hit point or AC bar. It still isn't consistent - Gnolls get a HP bar, but an Arboreal Warden does not. I guess I can make a full list, but I kinda feel like... That is what I paid for? This is just a question of going through the NPCs and checking if you actually made their default tokens set up right. I can change the default bar to be Hit_Points, but that is immensely unuseful, as that means that when a Goblin in Absalom takes 5 damage, every goblin across Golarion feels it and that is not the kind of global damage I was planning. EDIT: I am starting to suspect this has to do with the Building NPC bug that I reported before, because deleting the monster from my game and dragging it back out gave the Arboreal Regent his hit points. Seemed the same with other monsters I tried with.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dawnwalker - Hi there, and thank you for your report! I'm sorry you're still having trouble. Could I ask that you create a bug report at our Help Center ? They will be much more equipped to track down and fix possible character sheet or compendium backend issues.
When I open a monster from the PF2e Bestiary in Chrome, the image for the action type (one action, two action, etc) are prevented from displaying. It displays properly on Firefox. I made a detailed post about it a couple weeks ago on the bug reports with no reply.&nbsp;
Greetings! Having an issue with the Pathfinder Bestiary 1 when dragging out a new creature. The top bar where it displays, "Show to Players | Edit | Magnifying Glass", will vanish after a second or two after dragging it out onto the game board. I then have to close that window, go to my Journal and click the new creature instance that is there to perform any actions other than reading about it. Is this normal behavior? I would expect those items to always remain visible and usable (since they are there initially). It's annoying, but still playable. Anyone have some insight on this? Thank you.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi both, and my apologies for the delay! Brett - This was caused by a character sheet issue regarding image storage, I believe, and should be resolved now. Please let me know if you're still having trouble! teero - I'm able to replicate this issue, and will pass onto developers. Thank you for your report!
Hi Ashton, The icons are still not appearing. Same message.

Edited 1589129644
Pathfinder 2 Bestiary Compendium bug This is still broken, Building NPC never completes a work around 1) turn off windows pop out for characters 2) delete all relics of the broken character sheet and token 3) refresh roll20 4) redrag the token from the compendium This is not an issue when using 5e compendiums
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Marc - I've reported your issue to Devs for investigation and a solve. Please keep an eye on site-wide release notes in the future. All - Closing this thread now! Please report any further issues via the&nbsp; Help Center .