Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolling to many dice on attacks

I'm having an issue with the 3.5 sheet rolling way to many dice when making an attack roll. I have been trying to root out the issue, by using a new weapon slot, creating a new charter, looking through the script, but I cannot find anything that looks like it would cause this issue. When I roll to attack, it rolls 3d20, and 2d8, keeping the lowest d20, and highest d8. If i select for it to make a full round attack, it then rolls 9d20, and 8d8. I'm providing the scripts...everything SHOULD default, save for the weapon dmg being changed to a d8, but even testing it on an unaltered weapon does not do anything.  1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] + @{weapon1stat}[Ability] +@{size}[size] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] + ?{Flank (1=yes)|0}*2[Flank] +?{Power Attack? (put in penalty with negative sign ie -3)|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon]  &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }} {{damage1=for [[ @{weapon1damage} ]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }}  &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=A1: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }} {{attack2=A2: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-5 ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-5 ]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack3=A3: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-10 ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-10 ]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack4=A4: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-15 ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-15 ]] }} {{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg4=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}  1d8 + @{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]   [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d8 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] *( @{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon])  &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}'s @{weapon1name} }} {{damage1=does [[ @{weapon1damage} ]]damage}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }} Anyone know how to fix this issue? It would be greatly appreciated! 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is due to how roll templates work and implement logic to show sections. All dice have to be rolled at once so the roll template can determine whether to show critical confirmations and critical damage or not. The additional dice you are seeing are your critical confirmations which the roll template hides if they aren't needed.

Edited 1581370341
Okay, thank makes sense, could have swore they used to not show up unless a you rolled a crit on your attack roll, I could be/probably am mistaken though.  
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You're seeing excess 3d dice correct? not excess dice in the chat message.
Yeah, 3d dice, when I cursor over the dice rolls in chat it only shows the dice that were actually used.