Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e NPC Sidekick Character Sheet question

I decided to add an NPC sidekick to my players' group for party balance. I was leveling up the NPC to match the player characters when I noticed something wrong. Somehow, I had accidentally adjusted the melee bonus to hit and I don't know how to change it back. Any ideas?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some questions: Is this the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet, or one of the other 5e sheets? Is the character built on an NPC statblock, or using the PC options?
Its a D&D 5e Roll20 sheet of a preloaded NPC included in the Dragon of Icespire Peak module.

Edited 1581523058
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
While checking this, I came across a pretty big bug in the sheet regarding NPC proficiency bonuses, which I've reported. Check there to begin with, in the Abilities and Attributes tab. Also, does the bonus to hit display in the melee action entry on the sheet itself, or just in the final roll in chat?
The bonus to hit shows up in both the melee action entry and the roll in chat. Since I was following the directions in the module for changing attributes and bonuses for the NPC sidekick, I assumed that I had accidentally changed the wrong entry. This post was basically me asking, in a very nonspecific and roundabout way, which entry controls that bonus. The NPC is supposed to be sidekick level 5, which gives them a +1 to their proficiency bonus, but somehow I accidentally gave them a +2 and I don't know what I did or how to change it. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I haven't used the sidekick rules, so I can only make guesses. I know the CR level of the monster controls the proficiency bonus, but you should be able to go into the Attributes and Abilities tab and modify it manually. I would suggest making a copy of the character and experimenting on that.
I found the CR section but it is blank. There is a pb attribute, but adjusting it does not chance the melee hit bonus for the NPC. I realy should have mad a copy before I started messing with this