Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder: Common Custom Buffs

Edited 1581698301
Character Sheet: Pathfinder Official by Roll20 Custom Buff List Here Tutorial to add custom buffs/conditions Here I am compiling a list of custom buffs/feats/conditions to add to the Pathfinder Official Character Sheet by Roll20. The items I have compiled will be a collection of what other members have created and what I have created personally. I appreciate any/all feedback about my current list!     If you spot an Error: Please either comment on the Google Doc or comment in this post below!     If you have a Request : Please either comment on the Google Doc or comment in this post below! Please Post Requests in the following format:          Name: Rage          Mods:          +4 to Strength          +4 to Constitution          +2 morale to Will           -2 to armor class          +(2*@class1_level}) to hit points I will continue to edit my original post to inform those who are following of any updates/Additions/ *EDIT 2/13/20* -I have changed the google doc to allow anyone to comment, if you see an error, please comment and (if possible) suggest a fix.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
  +1 Eager to see your list grow.

Edited 1581485650
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
This is a collection of my templates for things.  Some are buffs, some are calculations to go in spells, use per day calculations, etc.  I try to avoid using "attack" and "damage" because those apply to everything.  Instead I use "melee" and "melee damage", "ranged" and "ranged damage" to keep things separate.  Also, being specific about the damage buffs will keep your inspire courage buff from increasing damage on something like a wand of magic missile (which I notice after posting that a few of these don't actually follow that advice and were written before I discovered that). Somewhat Common Spells --Cure Spells-- [[1d8+[[{@{class1_level},5}kl1]]]] --Mirror Images-- [[1d4+floor(@{class1_level}/3)]] images (maximum 8) --Heroism-- +2 morale to melee, +2 morale to ranged, +2 morale to skills, +2 morale to saves --Duration-- [[@{caster1_level}*10]] Minutes --Range, Close-- Close [[[[floor(@{caster1_level}/2)*5]]+25]] ft. --Range, Medium-- Medium [[[[@{caster1_level}*10]]+100]] ft. --Range, Long-- Long [[[[@{caster1_level}*40]]+400]] ft. Combat --Flanking-- +2 to melee --Outflank-- +4 to melee --Prone Target-- +4 to melee, -4 to ranged --Firing into Melee-- -4 to ranged Feats --Arcane Strike-- +[[floor(@{caster1_level}/5)+1]] arcane to melee damage, +[[floor(@{caster1_level}/5)+1]] arcane to ranged damage --Power Attack (attack mod)-- -[[1+floor(@{bab}/4)]] to melee --Power Attack (one hand damage)-- +[[2+[[floor(@{bab}/4)*2]]]] to melee damage --Power Attack (2 hand damage)-- +[[3+[[floor(@{bab}/4)*3]]]] to melee damage Barbarian --Rage-- +[[@{class1_level}*2]] to hp_bonus, +2 to melee, +2 to melee damage, -2 to AC --Rage Turns-- [[4+@{constitution_mod}+[[(@{class1_level}-1)*2]]]] Bard --Bardic Knowledge-- +[[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]] to knowledge --Bardic Performance (per day)-- [[4+@{charisma_mod}+[[(@{class1_level}-1)*2]]]] --Inspire Courage-- +1 competence to attack, +1 competence to melee damage, +1 competence to ranged damage --Good Hope-- +2 morale to attack, +2 morale to melee damage, +2 morale to ranged damage, +2 morale to skills, +2 morale to saves Cleric --Bless-- +1 morale to melee, +1 morale to ranged --Domain Abilities (per day)-- [[3+@{wisdom_mod}]] --Channel Energy (per day)-- [[3+@{charisma_mod}]] --Channel Energy-- Heal [[[[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]]d6]] --Channel Energy Save-- [[10+ceil(@{class1_level}/2)+@{charisma_mod}]] --Shield of Faith-- +[[2+floor(@{caster1_level}/6)]] deflection to AC Ranger --Favored Enemy-- +2 to bluff, +2 to sense motive, +2 to melee, +2 to ranged, +2 to damage --Add to Survival Notes-- When tracking, add [[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]] for Favored Enemy Rogue --Trapfinding-- +[[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]] to disable device Wizard --School Abilities (per day)-- [[3+@{intelligence_mod}]] --Enlarge Person-- +2 size to strength, -2 size to dexterity, -1 size to attack, -1 size to AC --Ray of Enfeeblement-- -[[1d6+[[{floor(@{class1_level}/2),5}kl1]]]] to strength
Thanks for the reply Kraynic! I will sort thru your list and add to my master list! Also, thanks for the advice on the attack buff, I will be sure to update my list when I can!
Kraynic said: This is a collection of my templates for things.  Some are buffs, some are calculations to go in spells, use per day calculations, etc.  I try to avoid using "attack" and "damage" because those apply to everything.  Instead I use "melee" and "melee damage", "ranged" and "ranged damage" to keep things separate.  Also, being specific about the damage buffs will keep your inspire courage buff from increasing damage on something like a wand of magic missile (which I notice after posting that a few of these don't actually follow that advice and were written before I discovered that). Somewhat Common Spells --Cure Spells-- [[1d8+[[{@{class1_level},5}kl1]]]] --Mirror Images-- [[1d4+floor(@{class1_level}/3)]] images (maximum 8) --Heroism-- +2 morale to melee, +2 morale to ranged, +2 morale to skills, +2 morale to saves --Duration-- [[@{caster1_level}*10]] Minutes --Range, Close-- Close [[[[floor(@{caster1_level}/2)*5]]+25]] ft. --Range, Medium-- Medium [[[[@{caster1_level}*10]]+100]] ft. --Range, Long-- Long [[[[@{caster1_level}*40]]+400]] ft. Combat --Flanking-- +2 to melee --Outflank-- +4 to melee --Prone Target-- +4 to melee, -4 to ranged --Firing into Melee-- -4 to ranged Feats --Arcane Strike-- +[[floor(@{caster1_level}/5)+1]] arcane to melee damage, +[[floor(@{caster1_level}/5)+1]] arcane to ranged damage --Power Attack (attack mod)-- -[[1+floor(@{bab}/4)]] to melee --Power Attack (one hand damage)-- +[[2+[[floor(@{bab}/4)*2]]]] to melee damage --Power Attack (2 hand damage)-- +[[3+[[floor(@{bab}/4)*3]]]] to melee damage Barbarian --Rage-- +[[@{class1_level}*2]] to hp_bonus, +2 to melee, +2 to melee damage, -2 to AC --Rage Turns-- [[4+@{constitution_mod}+[[(@{class1_level}-1)*2]]]] Bard --Bardic Knowledge-- +[[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]] to knowledge --Bardic Performance (per day)-- [[4+@{charisma_mod}+[[(@{class1_level}-1)*2]]]] --Inspire Courage-- +1 competence to attack, +1 competence to melee damage, +1 competence to ranged damage --Good Hope-- +2 morale to attack, +2 morale to melee damage, +2 morale to ranged damage, +2 morale to skills, +2 morale to saves Cleric --Bless-- +1 morale to melee, +1 morale to ranged --Domain Abilities (per day)-- [[3+@{wisdom_mod}]] --Channel Energy (per day)-- [[3+@{charisma_mod}]] --Channel Energy-- Heal [[[[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]]d6]] --Channel Energy Save-- [[10+ceil(@{class1_level}/2)+@{charisma_mod}]] --Shield of Faith-- +[[2+floor(@{caster1_level}/6)]] deflection to AC Ranger --Favored Enemy-- +2 to bluff, +2 to sense motive, +2 to melee, +2 to ranged, +2 to damage --Add to Survival Notes-- When tracking, add [[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]] for Favored Enemy Rogue --Trapfinding-- +[[ceil(@{class1_level}/2)]] to disable device Wizard --School Abilities (per day)-- [[3+@{intelligence_mod}]] --Enlarge Person-- +2 size to strength, -2 size to dexterity, -1 size to attack, -1 size to AC --Ray of Enfeeblement-- -[[1d6+[[{floor(@{class1_level}/2),5}kl1]]]] to strength Does "Duration" work for buffs? Will it automatically remove the buff if you are using the round counter within the turn tracker?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
No, that is to put in the individual spells (altered for rounds/minutes/hours per level, or level times 10 minutes, etc.) in a spell list so that the duration would be accurate when displayed in chat.  For instance, instead of my bard casting grease and having the spell show 1 minute per level in chat by duration, it would show 8 minutes (since he is level 8) with that duration template altered to be simply:  [[@{caster1_level}]] Minutes .  Comprehend Languages would display 80 minutes as the duration.  Range is the same thing.  Grease (close range spell) prints out 45 feet in chat instead of just showing the default formula to calculate the range (25 base plus 5 ft for every 2 levels). Then there are things that only apply to part of a skill like the Ranger favored enemy bonus to tracking (survival).  I add that to the survival notes, so that it prints the correct bonus in chat to add if the modifier applies.  Since it doesn't apply to scavenging for food or avoiding getting lost, it isn't something that can really be just added to the roll calculation, but the correct scaling bonus can be shown in notes to be added any time it does apply.  I guess I don't have it separated out on the list, but the rogue trapfinding bonus can be set up as a buff to disable device, but also needs duplicated in the notes of the perception skill as a bonus that gets added to that skill only when searching for traps. Also, some things (rage at the very least) change if you are using the unchained rules.  Anyway, these are just things I was using often enough (or explaining enough to other players) that I put together a cheat sheet to be able to copy paste things to discord or a forum post for sharing.  I expect there is a lot more that I just haven't run into the need for yet.
Ok so I have been working on the syntax of the rolls, I have been able to create a buff for the Combat Expertise feat that scales properly with your bab. It has been added to the list! I am going thru some recent submissions to add them as well. Status: Confirmed Type: Feat Name: Combat Expertise Mods:  +[[floor(@{bab}/-4)]] to melee +[[floor(@{bab}/-4)]] to cmb +[[floor(@{bab}/4)]] to dodge
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Just a note, you may want to specify what sheet a given buff syntax is for or what sheet the thread as a whole is for.
Scott C. said: Just a note, you may want to specify what sheet a given buff syntax is for or what sheet the thread as a whole is for. Its for the roll20 Pathfinder official sheet

Edited 1582005385
For games that use Unchained rules, here's how I set up the Barbarian's Rage Name : Rage (Unchained) Mods : +(2 + min(2, (floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) to Melee +(2 + min(2, (floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) to Melee Damage +(2 + min(2, (floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) to Will -2 to AC Name : Rage Temp HP (activate to apply, then deactivate so you can alter the Temp HP field later) Mods : +((2+min(2,(floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) * @{class1_level}) to Temp HP
Persephone said: For games that use Unchained rules, here's how I set up the Barbarian's Rage Name : Rage (Unchained) Mods : +(2 + min(2, (floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) to Melee +(2 + min(2, (floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) to Melee Damage +(2 + min(2, (floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) to Will -2 to AC Name : Rage Temp HP (activate to apply, then deactivate so you can alter the Temp HP field later) Mods : +((2+min(2,(floor(@{class1_level}/11)+floor(@{class1_level}/20)))) * @{class1_level}) to Temp HP Oh, I like this! I'm gonna pick thru this mod and add it soon!
Power attack formula is wrong above ... it should be: --Power Attack (one hand damage)-- +[[(1+floor(@{bab}/4))*2]] to melee damage --Power Attack (2 hand damage)-- +[[(1+floor(@{bab}/4))*3]] to melee damage
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Fraser S. said: Power attack formula is wrong above ... it should be: --Power Attack (one hand damage)-- +[[(1+floor(@{bab}/4))*2]] to melee damage --Power Attack (2 hand damage)-- +[[(1+floor(@{bab}/4))*3]] to melee damage I think you will find that the formula I am using gives exactly the same result as yours.  Two different ways to go about it.
How to add 30 Fly speed using a Buff?

Edited 1587228494
Steven M. said: How to add 30 Fly speed using a Buff? I don't think that is possible as it is not a listed attribute/buff on the sheet wiki. I think a possible work around is the fact that your fly speed is based upon your normal speed, therefore you COULD make the buff add to your base speed, but you would have to remember that the buff only applies to Flying. If you land/need to swim, remove the buff before calculating. From the wiki <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Adding_a_buff" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Adding_a_buff</a> Buffable Stats Stats which can receive a buff are listed below. Buffs using attributes (or aliases) not listed will be ignored. Speed &amp; Encumbrance (base land) Speed: speed_bonus (speed) Climb speed: speed_climb_bonus (speed climb, climb speed) Swim speed: speed_swim_bonus (speed swim, swim speed) Strength bonus to Carry Capacity: encumbrance_load_bonus (encumbrance) The only thing referenced is the Fly Speed SKILL, that would only add to your fly skill ranks, not your actual speed. If anyone knows of a proper work around let me know.
Update: Any suggestions to delete a listed buff of the sheet without a reason, revison, or suggestion will be disregarded. If you see an error, suggest a fix ALONG with pointing out an error. This is in response to my an almost daily request to delete varios buffs.

Edited 1588377889
Awesome. Any idea how to add a weapon ability such as Occultist legacy weapon or Magus Arcana? I think I have bane figured out, but can't see a way to modify critical threat range for Keen. Edit:&nbsp; I don't see it on that buffable stats list, so probably not.

Edited 1588389147
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Justin T. said: Awesome. Any idea how to add a weapon ability such as Occultist legacy weapon or Magus Arcana? I think I have bane figured out, but can't see a way to modify critical threat range for Keen. Edit:&nbsp; I don't see it on that buffable stats list, so probably not. Not as a buff, but you change the threat range of the weapon in the attack itself (assuming the "by Roll20" sheet). <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Weapons.2FAttacks" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Weapons.2FAttacks</a>
Add to Temp HP This works (+64 to temporary HP;) but when the buff is removed the 64 stays, so I tried a Debuff_64, (-64 to temporary HP;) to subtract the 64, and it does not work,&nbsp; Why is Roll 20 to broken?

Edited 1588975617
Steven M. said: Add to Temp HP This works (+64 to temporary HP;) but when the buff is removed the 64 stays, so I tried a Debuff_64, (-64 to temporary HP;) to subtract the 64, and it does not work,&nbsp; Why is Roll 20 to broken? Hey Steven, just do this +64 to hit points This will add 64 hp to the "temp box". When you uncheck the box it will subtract the 64 from your current hp. Hope this helps!