Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

add Monster to a new campaign form Waterdeep dragon Heist

Help How can i add Monster to a new campaign form Waterdeep dragon Heist 

Edited 1581693256
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To add an extra copy of a monster that is already in the module:  You can drag a monster from the Journal tab (they have their own folder) to the map. Or just copy and paste the selected monster token. To add a monster not already found in the module:  You can drag a monster from the Compendium tab to the map. Type the name of the monster in the search field. Note that unless you have previously purchased a compendium extension such as the Monster Manual, the token will have no art, and your selection will be limited to the creatures freely available from the SRD (System Reference Document). To add a homebrewed monster: Got to the journal tab, and click the button to add a new character. If you are not presented with the choice to create an NPC, go to the settings tab of the character sheet and make sure the option is selected to display as an NPC. To add token art to any monster, drag the appropriate art onto your VTT window, size it properly and follow the instructions on this page .
What if I own multiple different modules E.g. Curse of Stradh and Waterdeep Dungeon Heist Can I put Stradh into Waterdeep? Can I create my own new game and import monsters from both? Or can I only use Monster Manual monsters in other modules?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Module-specific monsters can be transferred between games, but there are a few ways to do it, depending on your subscription level and type of asset to be moved. At the free level, you can make use of the Character Vault to move Monsters or PCs one at a time. If you only want to move a few monsters, this is probably easy enough. If you wanted to move a great deal of material, the Transmogrifier is the best tool for the job, but it requires a Pro subscription.