Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG][5e] Relatively New Player Wanting to Join An Atmospheric Combat Heavy Game

Hi, I'm Spencer. I'm 26. I suck at life so I'd like to forget my troubles by playing some D&D. I've played several D&D oneshots with my family, and that's about it. I tried going to a game at a local game shop but they cancelled when only two people showed up, including me. I own 4 D&D books that I enjoy skimming through every so often, but I haven't read through any of them completely, not even the phb. I've played as a bard, sorcerer, barbarian, and cleric so far, in that order, and I roleplay like I read the books. I mess around with it for a bit until I get bored and want to do something else. I prefer the DM story building and throwing another combat encounter at me than I do roleplaying interactions with NPCs and PCs. The only exception is during major story points where decisions directly influence the game world and major story line. I don't want to play with murderhobos or people that think seducing everything/bbeg is funny instead of immersion breaking. I only want pvp if it makes sense in the context of the story and not some impulsive "yeah, well, screw you" moment. I don't care if it's a oneshot, the start of a new campaign, or jumping into a campaign that's already going. I just want to play some D&D where I can slay some stupid bad guys. So, yeah, if you need a player that won't do any stupid af pointless murdering, nasty af pervy roleplaying, or hog the spotlight because their character is clearly the main character, I might be the player for you. I'm available most of the time because I'm just taking some classes and that's it. If you're interested we can talk on discord or whatever and see if we get along. I'm more chill than this post makes me seem, I've just read too many horror stories about awful groups online and I'm trying desperately to avoid them lmao.
Hey, I just saw your post, I'm looking for 1 more person for my Thursday night campaign. It runs from 9:00pm-12:00am EST. Let me know if you are interested and I will fill you in with the details.