Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Play music on page load

I could swear it used to work like this, but anyhow I am wondering if I can make the music player start playing right when the page loads, rather than when the players get loaded. For instance when a player logs in to the game, music starts playing.  Because right now I hafta drag the player flag onto the Intro page to get music to start playing.
Hey TiaMaster -  So, in general, the Play on Load  option within a page's settings menu is based on use of the Players flag. However, would you mind further describing what you are trying to achieve or how you want this to work in your game? Perhaps myself or the community can provide a solution or workaround based on what you describe.
Sure. I want to be able to have music playing right when a players loads into the game. Right now when they log in there is no music playing even with PLay on Load.  I have to wait for all players to join, then move the player Flag off of that page, then back onto it again to start the music.
hi tia to do this just have a landing page that is a map , and set the player tab to that page before and after every session , also set every map to have music on start hope that helps !
Yeah thats what I mean - I already do this. My intro page still does not start music until i specifically move the players then move them back on to the intro page.
There is supposedly a new post here but I am not seeing it. In my Topics I Follow page it shows  Rabulias having the latest post but its not here for me.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe it does that if someone makes a post and then deletes it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This can lead to paranoia and accusations, but is almost certainly due to someone changing their mind or realizing they have posted in error. :D

Edited 1582002528
I deleted my post when I realized I had misread your last post, TiaMaster. Sorry for any confusion.
So at least can somebody tell me if this is working as intended?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe the intended behavior is as you describe it. From the wiki : Note that this only takes effect when a GM moves the Player Ribbon to the page...
Gold
Forum Champion
I think the intended behavior includes playing intro theme music when someone logs in
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just ran a test with a dummy campaign that seems to agree with the wording on the wiki. No playing on log in, but plays when the play flag is moved to the page.

Edited 1582244305
Gold
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: I just ran a test with a dummy campaign that seems to agree with the wording on the wiki. No playing on log in, but plays when the play flag is moved to the page. It definitely used to work for automatic intro music, such as in 2018, for sure, I used it on all my games back then, and sometimes even pre-set a "clue about the adventure" song and instructed players to log in during the pre-game week and listen for the clues. Haven't tested it myself on a player login since the 2019 Audio update that let us upload audio. I believe the test by keith and Tia's report. Sounds like a past feature may have been lost, or there might be a reportable Bug or technical issue here. 
I'll I'm glad you said something I thought I was going crazy.  Maybe Nicholas can let us know at some point.  I suspect its as keith posted since I can't get music to play on load anymore.