Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trouble with Handouts (help plz)

Okies... so no idea if this is in the right spot on the forums or not, sorry if it isnt... On the the problem, So I'm creating a campaign, and thinking about publishing it (although thats a long long way off tbh..) So Im working on handouts atm, in particular adventure hooks for the start of the game, and Ive gotten to a part where I need to give a description of the scene. Im wanting to replicate the look used on the Curse of Strahd module... whenever there is a description for the DM to read out, its kind of off center, with a grey bar running down the left hand side.. and I just cannot figure out how to get it to do that... so please... hows it done ?

Edited 1582168492
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Type out all your info then go back and select the section you want to offset. Click on the pencilish thing to the left of the bold button. This is the text formatting button and check quote. Now go the end of the text tools and choose the align on right button. This should give you what you want. Now if this is not the alignment, try using the indent button instead.  Best I could suggest at this time.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just took a peek. It looks like it is just quoted text, formatted using the default style under the magic wand button on the formatting bar. Like this. Some styles appear slightly different in the forums than they do in handouts, so best to try there.

Edited 1582239327
Thanks so much, should get it working hopefully... now I just need to figure out how to link between handouts... I keep getting dead links every time I try and create one :S Update... My browser was blocking popups, which was stopping it... so thats fixed too, I'll thank you for that too Keith, as it was your words on a different post that fixed that one too :D
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If the handouts are both located in the same game, just type [nameofhandout]. Fo instance, if you have a handout named "Orcs", and you type: The [Orcs] of the dark tower fear no one "Orcs" should become a link to the handout. This will not work for a Compendium entry though. For those, you need a hyperlink. Find the URL by right clicking on anything that links to the Compendium entry you are interested in (you don't even need to be logged in for this) and copy the URL. Then select the text in the linking handout and paste that URL into the destination field.
I will say... it seems really hit and miss with the linking thing... I got one link to work just fine, but another one... using the same technique [insertlinkhere] link does not work, or text turns blue instead of the purple... its frustrating as hell... as I cant figure out what im doing different/wrong.

Edited 1582240523
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
To make the urls work try [word](url) and that should make it work if I remember correctly.