Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Macro Search

I know this has to exist on these forums somewhere but for the life of me I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to be able to select a player(s) and have buttons pop up to roll specific checks. Specifically all of the different skill checks (history, perception, stealth, insight, etc.) And another button for all the saving throws. My goal is to be able to blindly and quickly roll these checks without asking players to roll them. For example, if my players are in dialogue with an NPC and the NPC tells a lie I don't want to rely on my players saying, "I want to roll insight" and then everyone seeing it was a low roll so all of the other players keep rolling in hopes of a higher insight check. If I could roll everyone's insight without them seeing I would know if any players pick up on the lie and notify them without having the break the dialogue for everyone to roll after every sentence from the NPC.  Is there a script already written for this?
1582249791
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I generally make a custom macro that whispers me for each skill/check I want to roll secretly, and set it up so it rolls for all the characters in the group at once.  Basically, I just put the rolls in a roll template and have each character on a separate line.  Then I set up a chat menu macro, listing all the roll macro options I have created for secret rolls that is set as a token action so that I can bring up the menu from any token I have selected. Chat menus are in the pinned Stupid Tricks thread. The Universal Chat Menu script will help you make rolls easily as you mention, but the rolls are being called from the sheet and will obey the whisper settings of the sheet.  It doesn't help you actually make secret checks. There may very well be something else, but I'm not that large of a script user.  Just thought I would post how I go about it in case no one comes forward with a script.
1582256420

Edited 1582256861
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Groupcheck should be able to do this. It's available under the One-Click install. Make sure you do the proper config for your sheet as described in the documentation. Here is what my macro  Chat Menu  looks like: Here is the output from a bunch of whispered Dex saves from a group of selected tokens: And here is the macro code (The emojis I use to highlight common rolls don't translate into forum code characters): /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{rname=Groupcheck}} {{description=**[✳️ Save vs Damage ✳️](~Save-Damage)** **Ability Checks** [Strength](!group-check  --Strength Check) | [Dexterity](!group-check  --Dexterity Check) | [Constitution](!group-check  --Constitution Check) [Intelligence](!group-check  --Intelligence Check) | [Wisdom](!group-check  --Wisdom Check) | [Charisma](!group-check  --Charisma Check) **Saves** [Strength](!group-check  --Strength Save) | [Dexterity](!group-check  --Dexterity Save) | [Constitution](!group-check  --Constitution Save) [Intelligence](!group-check  --Intelligence Save) | [Wisdom](!group-check  --Wisdom Save) | [Charisma](!group-check  -- Charisma Save) **Skills** **Strength** [Athletics ✳️](!group-check  --Athletics) **Dexterity** [Acrobatics ✳️](!group-check  --Acrobatics) [Sleight of Hand](!group-check  --Sleight of Hand) [Stealth ✳️](!group-check  --Stealth) **Intelligence** [Arcana](!group-check  --Arcana) [History](!group-check  --History) [Investigation](!group-check  --Investigation) [Nature](!group-check  --Nature) [Religion](!group-check  --Religion) **Wisdom** [Animal Handling](!group-check  --Animal Handling) [Insight ✳️](!group-check  --Insight) [Medicine](!group-check  --Medicine) [Perception ✳️](!group-check  --Perception) [Survival](!group-check  --Survival) **Charisma** [Deception](!group-check  --Deception) [Intimidation](!group-check  --Intimidation) [Performance](!group-check  --Performance) [Persuasion](!group-check  --Persuasion) **Attacks** [Melee](!group-check  --Melee ✳️) | [Missile](!group-check  --Missile ✳️) [Death](!group-check  --Death Save) [AC](!group-check  --AC)}} If you don't like big pink buttons, you can duplicate my buttons using this style . If you want to roll a saving thrown and automatically apply damage based on each token's save (that first line), you can find that script  here .
1582256546
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmmm. you can probably ignore the [Melee] line near the end. I think that might be left over from when I used to use the Shaped sheet.
1582258784

Edited 1582259827
This is fantastic and its exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much! I could be having an issue with the GroupCheck API script I installed, I'm new to this so I'm suspecting user error. When I run checks using GroupCheck it doesn't seem to be applying modifiers, and it isn't whispering the rolls to me. See below, it isn't whispered, so I suspect my players would be able to see it also. That player (Ido) has a +4 to perception, so a roll of 2 is impossible and it isn't in a red box so I know a nat 1 wasn't rolled either. I checked the player's character sheet and his perception_bonus is correctly populated on his abilities and attributes page. Did I install the wrong GroupCheck or is there an error on my end somewhere?
1582262822
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you run the config instructions for your sheet? The commands are in the documentation. Which sheet are you using? Also, you should be able to see the raw rolls by hovering over the results.
You're a diamond! Thanks, mate! I hadn't run the config and that was the issue. Everything's running smoothly now, I even figured out how to clean it up a little and added a config section for GroupCheck at the end. I do have a question, though. Whats the Save vs Damage link at the top do? When I click it I get " TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined"
1582300016
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That was in the last line of my post, easily overlooked: If you want to roll a saving thrown and automatically apply damage based on each token's save (that first line), you can find that script  here . It's a separate script, written by Jakob. You select a bunch of tokens, run the option and it will ask you for the damage, the saving throw, and whether a successful save means half damage. It will then roll and apply damage for each selected character. Makes fireballs a breeze to run!
Ah! Brilliant! Thank you!