Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

What are the plans after adobe flash player?

Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash player at end of 2020. What happens to roll20 after that?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Why would it affect roll20?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
As gigs said. Nothing. Roll20 doesn't use flash player for anything that I'm aware of. I already have flash player disabled and haven't noticed anything not working.
Okay good. Then it was some hoax on internet.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Searching for "Roll20" and "Flash player", I found this old thread from 2013 that mentions flash impacting things, but that's the distant past. TIL Roll20 used flash long time ago. Maybe you stumbled on some old thread and didn't see that it was super old. If this was a recent claim, I'd be curious to hear where this was.
Flash-player has been an issue in the past, especially for Android-devices and some odd devices (like the Power PC from Apple ). But as just about every page follows HTML 5 these days, I don't think most people will notice when it is gone.

Edited 1582495254
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey all -  I confirmed with dev that we don't utilize flash player anywhere on the site. Since we have final confirmation, I'm going to go ahead and close this post. Thanks for checking in on this! :)