Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Developer looking to try some systems...

Edited 1398899511
Nolan T. J.
Roll20 Team
Howdy! I'm looking to sample a few games of interest to get an idea on how well Roll20 does or doesn't support them / expand my knowledge base a bit. Please respond only if you're playing one of the following (don't make requests): Myth King of Tokyo Mouse Guard Numenera Warhammer, or a closely related hex-based combat game. ...and Pathfinder , actually. But for Pathfinder I'm going to need to be picky-- a game with new Character Sheets fully implemented. It's probably unsurprising that my schedule is rather disastrous, so I apologize in advance to those brave enough to invite me to their group! Thanks for reading. (Edit: I forgot a system!)
I'd be happy to join in on one of the systems that have their rulesets open to the public, but I do only have pathfinder experience.
I could easily do a one-shot campaign, sadly i have no mentor status so i have no access to the PF character sheets. Hope you get the samples you want though.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Who's the author of the PF sheet? Surely contacting them would be a good starting point for finding a test group, particularly since they'd know how to fix any problems encountered?
Gold
Forum Champion
Don't forget to try Roll20's Looking For Group search engine at the top-right. *grin* (This is sort-of a joke, because as a Roll20 Dev, Nolan knows about this already.. But really.. this is good advice for anyone in the forum who's looking for a certain game with openings.).
Brian said: Who's the author of the PF sheet? Surely contacting them would be a good starting point for finding a test group, particularly since they'd know how to fix any problems encountered? I'm not looking to troubleshoot their sheet necessarily... just want to make certain that whomever I'm playing with is using sheets. Gold said: Don't forget to try Roll20's Looking For Group search engine at the top-right. *grin* (This is sort-of a joke, because as a Roll20 Dev, Nolan knows about this already.. But really.. this is good advice for anyone in the forum who's looking for a certain game with openings.). "King of Tokyo" and "Myth" aren't yet popular enough to appear in the LFG zone... made a judgement call on using the forums. Anywho-- would greatly appreciate if further responses were only from interested and able parties! Thanks.
As the next update wraps up, would really like to try and sneak in a few of these. Let me know if somebody's interested.
Hey Nolan! I run a homebrew Pathfinder campaign, as well as a few other games based on the Pathfinder ruleset. I had a, frankly, amazing-if-I-do-say-so-myself set of interconnected macros, abilities, and sheets built up that pretty much automated everything one could automate outside of the API. I say "had" because, as of the arrival of the new character sheet system, it's all obsolete. I'm throwing it all out; it'd be too much trouble to 'fix' it. Instead, I'm using the "Neceros" version of the Pathfinder sheet, somewhat modified. I'm deconstructing it, making a few changes, and re-building my macro set from the ground up. It might not be pretty, as I'm still learning how everything works, but when it's done it should be something to see. I've even come up with a few tricks you might not have thought possible... q;} If you're interested, let me know, and I'll send ya a join link for the next game (Sunday, June 1, 6:00pm CST) or meet you for a guided tour. -Phnord PS: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new system! It's what made me finally cough up the money for a subscription after a year of being a free user! </blatant attempt at bribery> PPS: Hey, waddya know... a year, exactly, as of today! Wee! My mistake... looks like you want people whose games are already underway using the new system. Mine isn't, so far; the system is too new for us to have fully adopted it yet. We'll be using it once it goes live.
Important question Nolan, which version of Warhammer? You talking Fantasy or 40k?
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Nolan, I have Leviathans loaded and ready to go. It is a hex based steampuk flying battleship game. I would happily set up a game.
Doom said: Important question Nolan, which version of Warhammer? You talking Fantasy or 40k? I'd play either... my understanding is Fantasy is more marching lines whereas 40k is squads, right? I could use a bit of exposure to both. Keith said: Nolan, I have Leviathans loaded and ready to go. It is a hex based steampuk flying battleship game. I would happily set up a game. We should do that!
Nolan T. J. said: I'd play either... my understanding is Fantasy is more marching lines whereas 40k is squads, right? I could use a bit of exposure to both. Not really like that. Fantasy is like DnD except add in grim dark, barely any healing magic, a single blow will kill you, and you're probably gonna get killed by some thug over your 13 gold coins.