Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Resizing campaign window crashes to desktop (Mac/Firefox)

Mac OSX 10.9.2, viewing via Firefox 28.0. Everytime I resize my browser window while in a campaign, it hangs on a white screen for a moment, then crashes to the desktop. This has been happening for about 2 or 3 weeks, and not at all before that. The easy work-around is to resize the Firefox window as desired before logging in. So, no problem really, but I figured the Devs should know that it happens, and is reproduceable. (When I went to pull up my current Firefox version number, it started automatically downloading a new version, so it's also possible the problem will evaporate shortly depending on what they updated.)
Interesting. Let us know if 29 fixed it or not...
Problem continues, updating to 29 did not fix it. Couple interesting details: The work-around is slightly easier than I first described. I can resize the Firefox window safely, as long as I'm on a different Tab than the on that has an open campaign. It's easy enough to keep an extra tab open to some other site for that specific purpose. My statement that it crashes to the desktop was actually somewhat inaccurate, but what it really does is every bit as annoying. The whole firefox window turns white, and it hangs there for much longer than I have patience. I have to use Force Quit to get out of it. It's remotely possible that it was crashing originally, and just hangs now since installing 29.
What do you get under the graphics section when you type "about:support" into your address bar?
Riley D. said: What do you get under the graphics section when you type "about:support" into your address bar? Graphics Device ID 0x fea GPU Accelerated Windows 1/1 OpenGL (OMTC) Vendor ID 0x10de WebGL Renderer NVIDIA Corporation -- NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M OpenGL Engine windowLayerManagerRemote true AzureCanvasBackend quartz AzureContentBackend quartz AzureFallbackCanvasBackend none AzureSkiaAccelerated 0
This problem started for me about 3-4 weeks ago out of nowhere.

Edited 1399704790
I *think* I have this same problem. I'm trying to use roll20.net for the first time, and I plopped down an image of mine that already has squares as the map. Trying to resize it to get the squares to match the squares (there has to be a better way here..) Once I try to resize the image larger than the browser window, it hangs. I feel certain that this has to be a platform or firefox bug, but perhaps there's a way you can avoid it? I'm on osx 10.8.5, because of some compatability problems at work with 10.9. Firefox is 28.0 Device ID 0x fd5 GPU Accelerated Windows 2/2 OpenGL (OMTC) Vendor ID 0x10de WebGL Renderer NVIDIA Corporation -- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine windowLayerManagerRemote true AzureCanvasBackend quartz AzureContentBackend quartz AzureFallbackCanvasBackend none AzureSkiaAccelerated 0 P.S. This comment editor is balls. It should just accept plain text.

Edited 1400563056
I have the same issue, it used to work fine but now it just locks up! Also just a week or two ago. Using Firefox 29 and updated Flash, and it's just not resizing it's after logging in about two minutes.