Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HELP with Identifying the source of a Crash.

Hello all, I am constantly experiencing a crash whenever I move a token on my sheet, and I'm trying to identify (and possibly eliminate) the script that is causing the problem. This is recent, as in the past 2 days maybe.  TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined at apiscript.js:14429:87 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:255:11 at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:191:9) at Function._.filter._.select (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:254:7) at filterObjs (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1778:12) at handleresource (apiscript.js:14428:21) at apiscript.js:14420:13 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1638:12
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
From the reference to a handleresource function, I'd guess it's the 5e resource tracker or 5e companion script. But regardless, I'd look for that function on your scripts to narrow down the issue.
Scott C. said: From the reference to a handleresource function, I'd guess it's the 5e resource tracker or 5e companion script. But regardless, I'd look for that function on your scripts to narrow down the issue. Oh no. I really like the Resource Tracker. I'll suspend it and see if the issue persist.  I did get this error on a Game I was running without RT, so it MAY be Companion, but, I don't know. I used the One-Click Install and one from the Github. 

Edited 1582575002
Combat Tracker is the only consistent issue. When Its disabled, this error does not happen. Am I missing something to be compatible with it or something? I was using version 2.7 with edits from TheAaron Edit: This error occurs even when downgrading all the way back to version 2.0, where I stopped going back.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Even though the error may be originating in combat tracker, the above error isn't coming out of combat tracker code.  Something else is getting invoked.  CT doesn't have handleresource.  
Moving any Token that isn't in initiative order causes this error. 

Edited 1582584324
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, but it's another API that's bombing as a result.  CT has handleGraphicMovement and that code in older versions of CT had issues, but you'd see handeGraphicMovement in the error log if CT were failing.  For whatever reason, moving a graphic is causing another API, whichever one has 'handleresource' to fail.   I couldn't tell you why, but some of these APIs aren't making sure they are being specifically invoked.  For example, CT makes sure that the command in chat starts with !ct and if it doesn't, if it's meant for another API and doesn't run.  Some APIs don't have that and you can run into issues.  
Victor B. said: Yes, but it's another API that's bombing as a result.  CT has handleGraphicMovement and that code in older versions of CT had issues, but you'd see handeGraphicMovement in the error log if CT were failing.  For whatever reason, moving a graphic is causing another API, whichever one has 'handleresource' to fail.   I couldn't tell you why, but some of these APIs aren't making sure they are being specifically invoked.  For example, CT makes sure that the command in chat starts with !ct and if it doesn't, if it's meant for another API and doesn't run.  Some APIs don't have that and you can run into issues.   OH! When I was posting my replies to myself, I did not actually see your replies get added so it may have sounded redundant, my apologies.  I'm glad you did respond though. Would it be possible for me to invite you to my game to take a look if you can? I am taking baby steps into learning json and so all of this is really out there to me. 
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not supporting CT anymore but I can take a look.  Go ahead and invite me (PM)
Invite Sent
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Getting a not authorized.  Try again?
Reinvited, the link updated cause another player joined, I guess?