Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Horizontal scroll is backwards (shift-scroll wheel)

Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
If I hold down shift and use the scroll wheel on any desktop window, scrolling up moves to the left, scrolling down moves to the right. It's backwards in Roll20. If this is somehow to protect some legacy system, can you at least provide a setting to reverse the horizontal scroll direction?
Hi there, This is the system working as expected and not a bug, however, you would be able to create a suggestion in the Suggestions & Ideas forum  if this is a feature that you would like us and the community to consider!
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Please... Why did Roll20 decide that horizontal scroll should be backwards from all other systems? Why do I let you treat me like this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can verify that the difference is as Mike deBoston reports. I get the opposite left-right behavior between Roll20 and say, scrolling around a large image in a Chrome window. Shift-Scroll Up moves the background image to the right (sUR) in the general browser experience, but to the left in Roll20 (sUL). I almost never use the scroll wheel to move the window in Roll20, so hadn't noticed. In fact, I do it rarely enough anywhere that I have no muscle memory to overcome. FWIW, the scrolling direction feels very normal using a trackpad to drag.