Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Site Issues - Feb 26, 2020 (RESOLVED)

Edited 1582764327
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
This post will serve as the main consolidation thread for reports regarding the site issues from Feb 26th, 2020. Please follow this thread for further updates and communication regarding this issue. Thank you!

Edited 1582764493
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, all! Current issues being investigated: Images not loading in your game Images not loading in the 5e character sheet Users being logged out - this may cause purchased content and uploaded audio files to stop being available (edited to add). Please stay tuned; we will post here and on  our Twitter feed  when everything is clear. The site-wide banner will also be taken down when the issue is resolved. Thanks for your patience!
Reporting several issues on behalf of my group (6 people with different computers/browsers), all of whom are experiencing: 1) random logouts from our whole accounts while our game is open 2) failure to upload/interact w/ images, sometimes leading to the whole page crashing, and 3) UI weirdness where borders on character sheets and chat boxes are either odd-looking or non-existent

Edited 1582764100
Xax
Pro
cant load issues , had issues last night with a smiley face over my left side buttons and my lighting didn't work , and cant load pictures at all . ohh yea character sheets are all messed up as well .
Another issue to post, some of my players currently are in game and only some of them can hear the music playing. Some have to refresh to hear it, some every time they refresh are logged out. Some songs work for some and not for others
Having issues with 5e sheets having strangely thick borders, or just nonexistant ones 

Edited 1582764931
Star Wars shaped sheets and dice roller missing images and not loading properly. 
Still not loading images and continues to require a log in each time you exit a game.

Edited 1582765426
Midgardia
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Unlocked 5e compendium content is not available in game, even with compendium sharing on.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
We think this issue is now resolved. You may need to log back in again and reload the VTT in order for it to be fully functional. Please comment back here if you are still experiencing issues.
My character sheets look normal again, and when I exit the game I'm no longer logged out as well, but I'm still having problems with template borders not appearing in the chat window, as well as the PC initiative rolls for the 5e OGL sheet not being correct. When I hit the Initiative button on the sheet or use a macro command to roll it, it rolls (for Normal initiative rolls without advantage or disadvantage) "{1d20+0d1+(0*(0/0))}kh1+X[INIT]" where X is using the Survival skill bonus even though the template shows the correct Initiative bonus.

Edited 1582767009
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Dakota H. said: My character sheets look normal again, and when I exit the game I'm no longer logged out as well, but I'm still having problems with template borders not appearing in the chat window, as well as the PC initiative rolls for the 5e OGL sheet not being correct. When I hit the Initiative button on the sheet or use a macro command to roll it, it rolls (for Normal initiative rolls without advantage or disadvantage) "{1d20+0d1+(0*(0/0))}kh1+X[INIT]" where X is using the Survival skill bonus even though the template shows the correct Initiative bonus. Hey Dakota H. -  Thank you for checking in! The initiative and template border issue were not related to today's general outage. However, they have been logged by our team and we'll look to get them resolved as soon as possible. Please follow our D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 for further communication and updates regarding those particular items. 
My sheets are working right, my music is back but in the chat with the rolls, it wasn't loading right before when the sheets were messing up but then would but now isn't again. Here is a screen shot to show the chat on the right of what the rolls are looking like, both private and public on the right. Example:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425563873953710080/682397842387632281/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425563873953710080/682397842387632281/unknown.png</a> And I did allow for several minutes before screen shotting that to see if it was just loading slow but was no change.
I can confirm the 5e OGL roll templates in chat still have weird display issues, started during the immediate issues. Still happening.
Initiative still not working properly.
As some have already pointed out. the borders in the chat are gone for some reason.
same Mad R. said: As some have already pointed out. the borders in the chat are gone for some reason.
Rolls sourced from D&amp;D 5E character sheets are being miscalculated for some rolls but not all (initiative and skill checks seem to be the only ones affected). Attached is a screenshot of an initiative roll of a character with a +5 modifier that does not get applied.
I just tried it and am having the same problem. 2 screen shots below to show it was initiative rolled and another for showing the formula when put mouse over the number rolled. The player's initiative is 5.2 as they have a 20 in DEX yet you'll see nothing was added to the d20 that was rolled. Example show Initiative rolled:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425563873953710080/682419364682530843/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425563873953710080/682419364682530843/unknown.png</a> Example show Initiative formula:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425563873953710080/682419458333081602/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425563873953710080/682419458333081602/unknown.png</a> &nbsp;
I was making a PF 2e game and several tokens are missing from my maps. I was presetting monster tokens with stats loaded in the comments, and now the vast majority are just gone. I have to start all over again.

Edited 1582779186
This may be an unrelated issue but it does have something to do with being logged out. Whenever I try to access the older entries in my chat log, I am logged out and sent to a log in screen with the URL&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/sessions/new" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/sessions/new</a> . When I log back in from that screen it takes me back to the most recent page of my chat log. Currently I am unable to look at older chats in order to find names or things that were posted there.&nbsp; Update : This seems to be only happening in my one game. My other game's chat log seems to work fine. It seems to be only happening on the newer games that I have. The older game chat logs seem to work fine. One however only goes to the second page and then proceeds to log me out after I try to go farther. This is also happening to one of my other players. This error appears when I open up the chat archive : Uncaught TypeError: $(...).chosen is not a function &nbsp; &nbsp; at 2439298:698
Our group just noticed this as well, multiple skill checks. Andrew B. said: Rolls sourced from D&amp;D 5E character sheets are being miscalculated for some rolls but not all (initiative and skill checks seem to be the only ones affected). Attached is a screenshot of an initiative roll of a character with a +5 modifier that does not get applied.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nicholas said: The initiative and template border issue were not related to today's general outage. However, they have been logged by our team and we'll look to get them resolved as soon as possible. Please follow our D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 for further communication and updates regarding those particular items.&nbsp;

Edited 1582774357
I have that problem with initiative too...

Edited 1582779427
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Roll Template images will be fixed soon&nbsp; &nbsp;tomorrow. The roll modifiers are being looked into. - Cassie
I don't think much is actually Resolved as the Post's Heading Indicates...
Hello, Can the Devs elaborate a little more on what was causing the image issues? IS this a 3rd party issue or a Roll20 issue?&nbsp;
Still bugged here :(
Yeah, still dealing with constant logout issues. Especially in chat archives.
Penkaria said: Yeah, still dealing with constant logout issues. Especially in chat archives. Still getting logged out when using API Scripts.
I and two other DMs are having issues editing and adding to any sheets&nbsp;
All of these problems surfaced after your 25th update.&nbsp; How about rolling that back and maybe testing your update more thoroughly before releasing.&nbsp; Oh, and where are you on the over a year old fog of war bugs?

Edited 1582912927
Juniper L.
Roll20 Team
To start-- we have pushed out a hotfix today that should have fixed the initiative rolling and roll template formatting issues.&nbsp;We are aware of and working on a fix for the chat archive issue resulting in a log out - the fix will break specific images from the past few days from when the error occurred. For folks still experiencing other logout problems, we want to gather more info to better help us resolve the situation for you. We'd ask you to please fill out this&nbsp; Google Form , being sure to pay careful attention to documenting your results. We apologize for the trouble, we hope to get these resolved for you soon
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Juniper L. said: To start-- we have pushed out a hotfix today that should have fixed the initiative rolling Initiative is still using Reliable Talent in conjunction with Jack of All Trades. This is incorrect .
keithcurtis said: Juniper L. said: To start-- we have pushed out a hotfix today that should have fixed the initiative rolling Initiative is still using Reliable Talent in conjunction with Jack of All Trades. This is incorrect . Was just coming in to edit that as information's still being gathered. Am getting dev eyes on it, and thank you for the catch.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Juniper!
Is the formula for initiative rolls and skill checks still supposed to look messy? The formula still looks like "{1d20, 0d1+(0*(0/0))}kh1+3[INIT] = {(14)+()+(0*(0/0))}+3"... Also, dividing by zero in the formulas? That looks like a recipe for disaster.

Edited 1582920825
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hello everyone -&nbsp; The previous initiative and roll template formatting issues&nbsp; have been hotfixed , and should be working as expected. However, we're aware of some additional concerns with incorrect roll templates and 'reliable talent' specifically as being a potential cause. We're currently investigating this to determine what updates need to happen. However, to keep things consolidated, we would ask that you please refer to the&nbsp; main D&amp;D 5e Thread for further communications and updates &nbsp;regarding that topic. Thank you the report and your patience.