Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add Initiative to generated token macros

I love the new macro generator to make macros for attacks and other actions for my tokens, it's saved me a ton of work. But I don't understand why, along with all the other macros generated, one for Initiative doesn't get made. So for each token I have to manually set up an initiative macro. Please add it to those automatically generated by the macro generator button.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
What macro generator are you speaking of?  I expect the hard part about generating initiative macros is that different game systems will have different ways to calculate initiative, different stats for bonuses/penalties, and even different sheets for the same game system may name the attributes slightly different.  I'm not sure a universal initiative macro is possible.
It's apparently a new feature added recently. When I go to any character sheet there is now a tab for Macro Generator. There's a dropdown where you can select the character sheet style to generate for (only the sheet I'm currently using is in the dropdown, 5e OGL), then you can select all the different kinds of actions you want to generate macros for, and then it shows a summary of the macros that will be generated, where you can deselect any you don't want. It generates macros for all actions: weapon attacks, multiattacks, special abilities, etc. But it doesn't generate an Initiative macro.button.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Do you have a screenshot of what you are talking about?  Because I just checked one of my 5e OGL character sheets and I see nothing like what you describe :)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You must be running some sort of external script or addon, because Roll20 only has the Bio & Info, Character Sheet (if you have assigned a sheet to your game), and Attributes & Abilities tabs.  All others in your screenshot are from something else.

Edited 1582901857
Aha! Ok. Forgive me, I thought this was something Roll20 added. Must be the extension I added. Never mind, then. ;) It would be nice if Roll20 DID have this, then....
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If it is what I think it is, it works great for some people, and breaks parts of roll20 for others.  If it works for you, great!