Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Getting started with a Roll 20 Official D&D Module

Hi I was wondering if someone could give me a few simple straight answers for a complete Roll 20 novice. Thank you. 1. I am thinking about buying the Descent into Avernus bundle on Roll 20, if I did does that include everything I need to run the adventure? For example are the stat blocks for creatures not listed in Descent into Avernus included or do I also need to buy a monster manual? Or do the Free Basic Rules cover these situations? 2 . As my intention is just to run the one game with 4 players am I correct in thinking that I would not need a subscription to do so?  3 . If I was to get the "plus" subscription, the main benefit would be the addition of Dynamic Lighting? If I did get that subscription does the Dynamic Lighting extend to players in my game who do NOT have a subscription? Thank you so much for your help.
1583074368
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
James GM said: 1. I am thinking about buying the Descent into Avernus bundle on Roll 20, if I did does that include everything I need to run the adventure? Yes, everything is included. that's the entire point, to include everything needed to run the adventure. The free SRD includes monster stats(but no token art) for all the free 5E monsters, if you want to expand the content of your game. Dynamic lightning is created for every map, but requires plus / pro subscription to make use of it. 2 . As my intention is just to run the one game with 4 players am I correct in thinking that I would not need a subscription to do so?  You don't need a subscription unless you want to use features that are exclusive to subscribers such as Importing Characters from the Character Vault, the Transmongifier, Dynamic Lighting, Advanced Fog of War, or API scripts. 3 . If I was to get the "plus" subscription, the main benefit would be the addition of Dynamic Lighting? If I did get that subscription does the Dynamic Lighting extend to players in my game who do NOT have a subscription? Yes, I'd say that. Only you need to have the subscription for the Dynamic Lightning to appear for everybody in the game. What features a created game contains is determined by the subscription level of the game creator. If you later upgrade to Pro, the game will have access to pro features, or of you cancel the game will go down to only contain the base free features of Roll20. Roll20 Marketplace: Descent into Avernus
Perfect, thank you so much!