Let's start with my name is Dan. I am 48 years old and have had an affinity for role-play since the late 1970's. I started with the original box set (red) and a few cousins playing whenever we got together. I graduated to another box set (blue) and finally had a weekly game with friends. That game continued well into high school, with Sunday sessions lasting 6-8 hours... our parents loved it! :) After H.S. life happened... a new wife, a couple kids born, a career started and barely any time for anything else. In 2005 I was diagnosed with MS, and by 2010 I was finally unable to keep up with a daunting work schedule anymore so I went on SSDI. I am doing a lot better (health wise) now and find myself actively looking for things to do. I came across Roll20 and immediately fell in love again with the idea of being someone else. Here are a few bullet points about my play-style: I am a mature player. I enjoy some darker themes. I prefer simple motivations rather than convoluted and/or confusing story-lines. I can RP most any class but prefer the "nature" ones. (Ranger,Druid,Barbarian) I prefer human characters, but I like to have the choice. I am located on the east coast, but am a night owl and can accommodate most schedules. I would consider myself a "heavy RPer" as I like to emote most everything. I am NOT a power gamer. I do not like to get caught up in the "statistics" aspects of the game. Meaning that I do not want to lay out my character according to what gets the best bonuses (or loopholes) that the game allows, rather I lay out my character to what is in my head. Right or wrong. I would enjoy being with others who are like-minded rather than my age. I realize that most "my age" probably don't RP much any more :P I do not like "verbal" types of campaigns. My voice is my own and not my character's. I am not an actor nor do I want to be one. I prefer text style games as the chat lag gives me a moment to come up with the "best" possible answer. ("best" being from my character's perspective not the "correct" answer) I have an abundance of patience for teaching, but little to none for acts that go against common courtesy. (ie: tardiness, absenteeism, inattentive gaming, people speaking over others, power crazed people who don't allows others to speak up, etc) Lastly, as a player who has reached my age, I have a healthy level of respect for the DM role (been there done that) and for my fellow players who choose to role-play their characters to the fullest. (no you do not need to roll d100 to figure out if your character should do something). When it is game time, I am ready to just have some FUN!   I would enjoy hearing from you!