Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro question concerning using a macro on one token to an ability on a different one

Hey Everyone, I just set up a new game and am transferring existing characters over from a previous game.  I am encountering an error that is presenting itself in the chat window and am wondering if someone can give me a heads up as to what is causing it.  When this macro is used: [0 ``Ray of Frost`` V,S ***Range 60 ft.***](!
%{SpellsFromPlayersAndXandathar's|RayOfFrost}) I get this message in the chat window:  SpellsFromPlayersAndXandathar's|RayOfFrost I use a separate token called SpellsFromPlanersAndXanderthar's with an ability for each spell, in this case, RayOfFrost.  Is there a button somewhere that needs to be pushed before my player can use this macro? The macros all seem to work fine for me as the GM. Thank you for any feedback! Barry
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Check that the  SpellsFromPlayersAndXandathar's  character is set as Editable by all players.
The character Spells... is Editable to all players currently.  Any other suggestions?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont - check the RayOfFrost ability is correct?
It is spelled correctly if that is what you mean.  We start at 5:30 so I am of course hoping to find this issue soon. If anyone else can think of something please chime in.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was meaning to check its contents - that the macro contents are properly formed. I am clutching at straws though. My guess is something is wrong with the character after being transmogrified, and you may have to create another.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
First, try this format. If it is calling a Character Sheet ability, you shouldn't need HTML replacements: [command name](~MacroSheetName|macro to call) or specifically: [0 ``Ray of Frost`` V,S ***Range 60 ft.***](~SpellsFromPlayersAndXandathar's|RayOfFrost) Alternatively, try getting rid of the apostrophe in "Xandathar's", both in macro and on sheet name.