Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5th ed OGL Emits Light question

The tokens attached to the OGL character sheets on my new game are Emitting Light in "mi." instead of "ft.". How can I change that setting? Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The units that are displayed on the tokens are taken from the page settings of whatever page they happen to be on. The solution is to go into the page settings for that page and change the units to whatever makes best sense. Note that the numbers on the tokens won't change (Roll20 has no idea how many feet are in a mile), but whatever page you place those tokens on, that's the unit they will display.
Thank you Keith! Two years into Roll20 and I am still learning.  LOL
Hey Keith, I have the page scale set to 5 ft. and the tokens emit light 60 ft.  I was expecting them to see 12 squares but they see as far as the map extends.  What I am still not doing?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Do you have global illumination turned on?  If it is, you should turn it off.  If not, you should post screenshots of your token and map page settings.  Then someone may be able to spot which options should be changed.
Thank you Kraynic! That was it.  My bad for not seeing that it was checked.  Thank you again