Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dark Heresy recruitment thread.

You were recruited to be acolytes serving a member of the Most Holy Inquisition. How could you refuse to be servants of the Emperor, to bring death to His enemies, to thwart their plans, to keep the Imperium of Man safe? And everyone knows, that even if you wanted, the Inquisition can not be denied. Your life has changed. You were taken away from your home on board of a ship belonging to a Rogue Trader. There, in the dark holds of the ship you were formed into an "acolyte cell". No one bothered to tell you where you were going, or why. Days passed, then weeks. You had only your group to pass the time with. The ship's crew avoided you, as if you were lepers. At last your journey has come to an end. A tall, hooded figure, who introduced himself as Interrogator Malachi, came to your cabins, and told you, that the time to serve has come, and your master will see you now. This is a recruitment thread for a Dark Heresy game. Starting time: 7-8 PM GMT +3. <a href="http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=123,8,5&h" rel="nofollow">http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=123,8,5&h</a>... Session Length: 3-4 hours. Frequency: Weekly game. Day: Monday or Tuesday. Number of players: 3-4. Themes of the game: The main focus of this campaign is investigation. Absolutely no railroading. The players are expected to take initiative and fulfill the orders of their Inquisitor at the best of their ability. Investigation/Socializing/Combat ratios are expected to be equal. All characters will have something to do, and game situations will sometimes be tailored for individual characters skills and abilities. What should be expected of the game: 1. Doing the Emperors Holy Work. 2. Abiding to the Rule of Cool. 3. Story &gt; System. 4. A fun and friendly GM (that would be me). 5. Some house rules TBA later (the system is old). What you should not expect: 1. Me following the rules 100% of the time. 2. Railroading of any kind. 3. Perfect English from me (my English is OK, but it's not my first langauge). 4. Combat maps of any kind. Combat is not the focus of the game, and we will do a lot of hand waving and guesstimating in combat. What do you need to join the game: 1. A desire to play (duh!) 2. A working microphone for voice chat. 3. A skype account (we will be using a skype conference for voice chat). 4. One free weekday. 5. You must be a fun and friendly player. Wheaton's Law is absolute! 6. You must know the setting at least a bit. The system is not a problem, but I found out that it's very hard to GM 40k for players that have no idea what they are getting into. 7. You must be interested in RPing your character. The game will have combat (The Emperors Work often ends with fire), but WAAAGH is not the focus of the game. 8. You must be ready to lose your characters, maybe even due to actions or inaction of other characters. You must not turn IC conflict into an OOC one. Solid realization that this is only a game is a must. If you want to talk in real time, or hear my English if you are in doubt, feel free to hit me on skype. My skype name is vnergalv Because we will be using skype for voice chat, adding me in skype, even if you don't want to discuss anything, is still a good idea. If you want to join, please leave a comment in this topic. It's a lot easier to keep track of applications this way. I thank everyone who gave me a couple of minutes of their time reading this wall of text.
What do you need to join the game: 1. A desire to play (duh!) 2. A working microphone for voice chat. 3. A skype account (we will be using a skype conference for voice chat). 4. One free weekday. 5. You must be a fun and friendly player. Wheaton's Law is absolute! 6. You must know the setting at least a bit. The system is not a problem, but I found out that it's very hard to GM 40k for players that have no idea what they are getting into. 7. You must be interested in RPing your character. The game will have combat (The Emperors Work often ends with fire), but WAAAGH is not the focus of the game. 8. You must be ready to lose your characters, maybe even due to actions or inaction of other characters. You must not turn IC conflict into an OOC one. Solid realization that this is only a game is a must. Desire to play? Check! One free weekday? Check! Know the setting? Check! Fun and friendly? uh... Check! Interested in RP over combat? Check! Ready not to turn IC conflict to OOC drama? Check! Working microphone and Skype account? ................... Dammit . -_-
You can get a mic dirt cheap. Skype is free.
im interested in playing one free weekday?: depending on the weekday, im good to go know the setting? mhm kinda i think i know the jist of it fun and friendly? i hope so/ rp&gt; combat? yes, yes i am no drama? of course mic and skype? yes
Vladimir R. said: You can get a mic dirt cheap. Skype is free. I can get a dozen microphones - but the computer's mic jack itself is busted, so it doesn't matter. Good luck with the game and have fun.
I use a USB microphone ... my jack is bust on the front... and I didn't even bother witht he back one, just got myself a USB headset.
I have been sort of planning to start up a campaign myself relatively soon but have felt that I do not quite have the time to handle that properly. This offer sounds interesting and I do believe I fulfill all the requirements. I do not have a working webcam but the mic seems to work well enough. Anyway, I would very much be interested in joining, and rp over combat sounds like a good thing. Be well!
I don't own a webcam, so it's not a requirement. For now we have 3 players: Seager, Luckybutt and Duskifer. It's enough to get a campaign going. We still have one spot free. I'll get a campaign going later today and will send out invitation links.
Desire to play? Yes One free weekday? Yes Know the setting? I know the basics of the setting but not really specifics things. Fun and friendly? Yes Interested in RP over combat? Yes Ready not to turn IC conflict to OOC drama? Yes Working microphone and Skype account? Yes
Neirin
Sheet Author
Hey! I'd be really interested in playing, been looking for a European Time-Zone friendly group for a while now. One free weekday? Monday (at least from the two days you posted) Know the setting? Yes. I am not an expert, but I know myself around the 40k World Fun and friendly? At least I would say so... Interested in RP over combat? Yes Ready not to turn IC conflict to OOC drama? Yes Working microphone and Skype account? Yes One addition - I have made a character once for a campaign that sadly didn't happen then and I would like to use her in this campaign as well. But since she's a Sororitas (Inquisitor's Handbook, not Blood of Martyrs, though I could change that part) - and they are a little bit wonky balance wise from time to time and I know GMs who don't like them in their campaigns, I just wanted to give you a heads up. Of course I'd also play something else.
Monday is out, Neirin, sorry. One of the players can't make Mondays. Having a Sororita in the group would be interesting, I find that they add some interesting dynamics to the group is played as intended.

Edited 1399204009
Neirin
Sheet Author
Well, I can do Tuesday as well, just would be a little hectic to get home and I might some times be a little late, because food. But I still would be interested, even on a Tuesday ;)
Contact me via skype then.
Greetings. Is there a room for a Space Marine in a Inquisition retune? Or this module is too socialized for a big armor-claded guy?=)
There is no room for a Space Marine in a low level acolyte game. The recruitment is closed. It may be opened again if we need another player. Thank you.
Hey Vlad, if you ever need another loyal acolyte please PM me, also I think we were apart of a botched campaign awhile back, but I don't remember which one.
Myself and a friend of mine would both be able to play. We both have a lot of experience with Dark Heresy and I would love to get back into it. We'd be happy to join if you would have us.