Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LF2M - Cam Req] [Sundays / 10am-2pm EST] HACKMASTER

At this point, a fair warning is probably in order. In all likelihood you cut your teeth on another game system and have either picked this game up as a curiosity or plan to move to HackMaster as a temporary or permanent change of pace. The more you play HackMaster, the more you will come to realize that it behaves differently than other games. For most games, having some preconceived notion of what to expect or background experience makes the transition easier. This is often not so with HackMaster; in fact, complete gaming newbs sometimes command a distinct learning-curve advantage over their seasoned RPG counterparts. This is because while HackMaster plays like an old-school game, its fluid mechanics more closely models real-life than any previous edition (old or new school). In the end, the best advice I can give you is that HackMaster is a game of difficult choices. You will never have enough building points to buy everything you want (or even need). There is no one ‘no-brainer’ weapon that every combatant should use, nor is there one class that bests them all. The BEST advice is to just play the game with an open mind, ready to learn. Nothing brings out the genius of HackMaster like actual play. During play you begin to see how well the system flows and works. This is a Game written by people who love to play it. Who We Are: We are a small streaming group that gets together twice a week and runs anywhere from 5-6 games between those days. We've been operating for nearly 8 years now and have explored a plethora (and we know what that word means!) of games. In our continued quest to try anything, we have decided that Hackmaster is just the game to bash our heads against for as long as we are able... Who We Are ... Looking For: We need up to two more people to fill our ranks before we launch into this new adventure. They need not know the system, only our GM really does so far. All they need to be is personable and willing to get along with other people. That's not asking too much, is it? Is That All? Well, obviously not all... We are also looking to make this the second of our all cam'd streams, which means anyone looking to join would need to be able to verify that they have a functioning camera of some sort and could use it every game day without issue. Acceptable voice quality is also a must... ... Oh! Of course, and you must also be willing to commit to Sundays at the appointed time listed above. Failing that, being able to give forewarning of absence is equally important! With all that said, post below if all these things above are agreeable to you or even if you just have a question. Like Motel 6, we'll keep the light on for you!
I'm interested. Is this for 4th or 5th edition? I've played neither.
5th Edition
Cool. Lmk if there's still a spot available.  I have the PHB. I guess it's time to crack it open!