Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Serious problem of difference between the programming of roll20 which imposes pawn images with the front facing the top of the screen and the images sold in the shop which are all facing the bottom of the screen for their front.

This is not a joke, this is a very serious subject that nobody at the orr group / roll20 seems to take seriously the importance and impact on users. When you broach this subject it is explained that to compensate for the failure of roll20 you have to manually modify pawn by pawn locally as the end user of the image representing a humanoid character seen from above so that it is put in the same direction as what the software uses as the image direction (top of the screen = in front of the character / pawn ) which is currently the opposite of that of the images sold in the shop (which have the front of the images / characters towards the bottom of the screen). So it's starting to work well because the problem is that the artists refuse to change the orientation of their images and the support of roll 20 answers that they won't change their software, it's a deaf dialogue, but I agree with the artists, it's not their fault if roll 20 hasn't correctly informed them in their conditions of sale of the images! I invite you all authors of images but also users of roll 20 to reply to this message by specifying that you support my request to modify the roll20 software so that from now on the front of the counters is by default at the bottom of the screen in the program of the software instead of at the top and that people stop answering us nonsense because the orr group / roll20 doesn't want to change this aspect of the functioning of their software. Have a good game all !

Edited 1583815719
NaEL
Pro
I am very annoyed by this subject, as a customer of the shop who buys packs of images of counters among other things I find abnormal that I was sold images oriented at 180 degrees of what the software imposes, if this continues I will demand the refund of defective products in my opinion because incorrectly oriented! That's 137 products! Because sela also affects the elements of decorations because it also interferes with the proper functioning of certain functions using images from the shop as the API!
It is the main I do not purchase any Tokens from the Marketplace unless they are orientated in the correct direction. It seems so easy for Roll20 to change the 'software' and it has been suggested in their forum yet nothing changes. Been a pet peeve of mine for some time.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
There have been suggestions previously in the suggestion forum for this, which never gained traction. But most of those were from years ago - you should probably post there to try to gain support for the idea, perhaps people will support it more this time around.
I posted here because it's about the shop and a blunder by the roll20 team who didn't anticipate the thing, the problem.
+1 from me, especially since it seems so easy to correct. :/
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .