Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LGP] [D&D] [5E] [Friday evenings] [PST] The Plight of the Lantern Raven. Home-brew Campaign.

Edited 1584155948
" Icy winds battered the torn sails of this ancient vessel. The black rotting wood that made up its haul creaking with every wave it crashed into. Silver rays peaking behind storm clouds reflect off the mist that splash onto the deck. A Sea of black in every direction, only illuminated by a faint glow. The massive raven that stands perched on the bow holds a lantern that glows green in the endless black. Anybody who would willingly be apart of the crew of the LanternRaven would have to be mad. And to those who would be its passengers, even more mad still. Aye, but you are not anybody are you?" Looking to get a group of like-minded adventurers together to play some D&D on Friday evenings. I want to start a new homebrew campaign that could potentially be a long term game with the right people. I like dark and gritty games with a mix of roleplay and combat. I like to involve mystery, suspense, and deadly challenges into my games that keep players wondering if they're character will live to see the next level.  The only day I'm consistently available is Fridays(potentially Saturdays), usually after 6 pm PST but I'm a little flexible on that. Shooting for a weekly game running between 3 to 4 hours long with a 15 min break in the middle. My games are filled with mature content, curse words, and explicit details of carnage and gore. I do not tolerate any form of racism, sexism, homophobia or generally any kind of hate speech. In character arguing is to be expected at times but I don't tolerate any kind of OOC arguing or fighting. I don't allow any actions or rolls that would directly hinder your teammates, such as stealing or attacking. This is a team-oriented game after all. I don't intend to railroad players into a story but I do expect players to try and stay on task at least 70% of the time. Players are expected to play their characters and not themselves and become emersed in the game, taking things seriously when they need to be and OOC jokes and laughing when it's appropriate.  After all this is said and done, I'm a very relaxed DM. I have been playing D&D since I was 13, I am currently 28, And I've almost exclusively been DMing for that time. I don't rule lawyer, and I expect players not to as well. Rules are guidelines and obviously help the game function but as soon as those rules hinder gameplay, I don't need them anymore. As long as the game is fair and fun I don't care. I'm looking for a group of people to play D&D with, not just run a game for.  That being said, what I think might be fun is if my players participate in some of the world-building for this homebrew. helping shape the world and what is in it before they inevitably are thrust into it, fighting for their lives.  The Game is Start at level 1 and any published material is up for grabs. But before I go too in-depth into character creation id first like to see who might be interested in joining me. if this sounds like something you'd like or if you have any questions, leave me a reply with your discord and a bit about yourself and what you are looking for. For Reference: Name. (or what you prefer to be called) Age. Experience with d&d or roll20 if any. what do you enjoy most about D&D? A memorable moment in your D&D career.  Discord and availability  I'm available most of the time on discord to answer any questions and a voice interview would be needed before any final decisions. Hope to hear from you soon, Cheers!
Dakota/Kota (either works) 18, 19 in may mild experience with dnd, I started a couple campaigns but none actually went that far, other than that nothing I love the creative feild in building and llaying your character the most, it's what drew me to it in the first place, the adventure type stuff that normally goes down is a huuuuge bonus uuhhh stealing my cat's toy so I could have a prop pet rat? KotaDragon#5578, anytime around my work schedule, which is kinda wacky but usually gives me mornings

Edited 1584162348
Brian 20 I run a weekly campaign for a group of players in their mid to late twenties and have been playing since 5th Edition came out--DM'ing for most of that time though. I'm also the lead-admin/founder of a Westmarches server that I get a ton of fun out of. The exploration and discovery of a world is my favorite part. I like finding the legends of the setting, secret magic, and ancient tragedies. I'm the kind of guy who used to read the lore-logs in video games as a kid instead of playing. Writing is probably my biggest hobby though, aside from DM'ing and a few other irl things, so I also really enjoy getting into character. I'm a roleplayer for sure. However. I'm very much a number-cruncher when it comes to combat as well. I don't rule-lawyer or anything. I really like the DM to do their thing. But I adore combat. I'd really like to play a utility/battlefield control battle-master tbh. Probably no multi-classing or anything, but it'd be nice to be able to pull variant human so I can do some cool stuff with crossbow expert and a hand crossbow combined with maneuvers. I'm the kind of player that uses traps, ball bearings, nets, the ready action to synergize with teammates, etc, etc. It's not about doing the most damage for me or anything, I just really love being creative and making the battlefield a dynamic crazy place. One of the few times I played a modern-setting campaign left me with a pretty great moment in my head. So, it was heavy modern day sci-fi with some crazy Lovecraftian/eldritch themes, mixed with some really dark old Shakesperisan fairy-esque type trappings. I don't recall exactly how it happened, but all of the players had been captured by the government after being exposed to another dimension. Typical stuff. But one of our players was a decked-out cyborg killing machine. Corny as heck, and the rest of us chose to play normal people, but it made for a great moment at least once. See: our DM would alternate between insane theatrical kung-fu-like fight scenes and gritty-punishing-realism, but he pulled it off pretty well. Anyway, cyborg guy ended up trying to infiltrate the government base we were held in and gets to meet the big bad to everyone's surprise. I don't remember the bad guy's name, but he was the stereotypical suit-wearing, card-carrying bad-mother. Cyborg guy has the advantage in almost every conceivable way, but he just could not hit this guy. They ended up fighting down an empty elevator shaft. The cyborg was using his limited fly speed to grab, thruster-charge and maintain stability as this ridiculously anime-like federal agent goes the way of death of a thousand cuts on him. The cyborg and the agent are spiraling, kicking, headbutting, and dodging (the cyborg was doing very little of this part although he held up pretty well with his sturdy body) each other. It's like a bull vs a matador as they fall a dozen stories. By the end of it the cyborg is out of flight speed and hits the bottom hard as heck, but the agent breaks his own fall in stereotypical acrobatic fashion. He just walks over the cyborg, looking down on this titan that he's crippled through aerial joint locks, punches, and knees to the fleshy spots, etc. It was hilarious to watch the other player try and fight this guy and the moment just felt so alive. Brian C.#2090 and Friday evenings/nights are no problem.
Omer 22 As a dm never as a player Love roleplaying since chikdhood and making character is a pasion of mine  none that i can remember  Orem-ya#1210     any time any day ^^
Name: Fade Age: 25 Experience with d&d or roll20 if any: I've been playing some form of D&D on and off for around 11 years now, with around 1+ years of experience with 5e and roll20. What do you enjoy most about D&D? Well to be honest, I like the variety of builds and characters you can create. Exploring homebrewed worlds that I have no idea what is possible. Interacting with NPC's and helping them out. I like the creative ways you can solve a problem, as there is never just one right answer most of the time. A memorable moment in your D&D career: Hmm... well I guess one of them was when I was first starting out with D&D, playing with my friends. We were in middle school and none of us had any idea how you were supposed to role a character. I say this because we thought that you had to roll a D20 to get your core 6 stats. This was 3.5 so to us new guys, the system was a bit confusing. We were also using free rules that we had found on the internet. Needless to say, the stat distributions were... wild to say the least. When it came to be my turn to roll stats.. well I was not lucky and I got that small impossible thing where I rolled a full set of 1's across the board. It was a disaster, and in hindsight the dice were probably balanced wrong, on top of my bad rolling. So with all of us being new, I thought I had to stick with these stats and had to wait for my character to die untill I could roll something new. Which turned out to be a fairly quick affair. Needless to say the entire experience was a odd one, but we had a good laugh about it, so there was something good to come out of it at least. Discord and availability: FadeToBlack#8457 I'm avalible on Fridays, most Saturdays, and Sundays.

Edited 1584169181
Patrick 53 years young I've been playing all sorts of games since about 1982, roll20 for about 2.5 years, I'm very handy at getting roll20 to do what I want it to I like doing heroic things, be it jumping from a 90' crow's nest and misty stepping part way down to the deck, or diving out a window after someone that was escaping from a bar room brawl.  I got myself out of a 50' pit filled with acid that an npc opened at my feet and was shooting arrows at him 2 rounds after the fall. I've baited flying creatures in to attacking me and then surprised them with the little used net.  Oh yes, and as the DM, I had a thief, posing as a merchant, hire the players to recover his "stolen" merchandise. My availability is a little funky, but after talking, I'm sure we can work it out.  I played regular in a weekly game for about a year and a half until just recently. Kollrick#0618, except for a few hours at night, you can expect a timely reply. I know you didn't ask, but I have in mind an inquisitive half elf bard with a sharp mind for details, a dwarven forge cleric that is finding his place in the world after suffering great loss or a young human moon druid with the desire to protect nature and educate others on all things natural.  I'm happy to play just about anything though, I try very hard to be a team player.

Edited 1584502831
I have a group of 5 so far. Planning on meeting this Friday. If I have any drops by then or if the group decides they want a 6th there will be a spot open
If a spot opens up, I'd love to join. You can call me Hoop 21 I've played a few Adventurers League one shots, so I have the basics down and have some ideas about my playstyle. I really love using the openness of the game to find creative and interesting solutions to problems. Whether that means talking your way out if social situations, solving puzzles, or finding clever ways to win fights.  During one of the sessions I was in, we made friends with some sort of sentient wind thing and we found out a bunch of new information about the location by having it swirl around our right or left hands to indicate yes or no answers to our questions. whitennerdiest#6674 and at the moment, I'm available whenever. I am currently applying for jobs, but they all have flexible schedules, so I should be able to avoid timing conflicts.

Edited 1584733713
If you have any openings or would like another person. I would happy to join your merry band of adventurers.  Hi, I am looking for a group of players to join. I have some experience on roll20, and a decent amount of player experience, but if this would be a long term campaign, I would love to join a new group of players so I could learn how to play long campaigns. I am pst and my schedule is pretty much free so I am very flexible with times My discord is SharkRider23#3944 I personally love to play rogues so, if that works out. Then I would love to join.  My is Grayson  I’m 18 I have a small amount roll 20 experience and 8ish months of dnd 5e experience  I love dnd because it gives me full control over what I want to do. I love the ability to just do what my heart or character wants My favorite moment from playing dnd was when I was playing a one shot and I was a Dragonborn cleric, we had to try to convince some cultist that we were just travelers, they saw through our lies and right before they could arrest us I cast guiding bolt nat 20, and blew a hole straight threw his head, then I rolled a nat 20 on initiative allowing me to throw one of the cultists straight into the harbor, this causing him to sink due to his heavy armor, and then rushed over to another and punched him in his face so hard, his helmet became a soup bowl for some “questionable” tomato soup.  My discord is SharkRider23#3944 and I am very flexible on times.  Due to other complications my other groups have been distant and I am looking for some new people who would be willing to have me join in a semi long term/long term campaign.  I look forward to hearing from you. 
Name. (or what you prefer to be called) Chase     Age. 27 Experience with d&d or roll20 if any. few years of both off and on. I can do most anything a player needs to be able to do in roll 20. what do you enjoy most about D&D? the collaborative storytelling and unpredictable nature of conversations and events, also character building. A memorable moment in your D&D career. speaking to my warlock patron in a dream sequence, was amazing and unexpected.  Discord and availability chase#8369 available anytime currently do to quarantine, but when working anytime after 5 pm CST is usually fine.          p.s. im almost always on or around a device I have discord on so I could do an interview at any time. hope you'll take me into consideration, im really in need of a dnd game.  

Edited 1584740719
Name: Brad Age: 44 Experience with d&d or roll20 if any: roll20 is new to me.  I played a decent amount of AD&D 2nd Ed. back about 15 years ago.  Have not played any tabletop since about that time (live in a rural area and local games are hard to find, just started looking into roll20).  I have continued to play a lot of computer RPGs including D&D and pathfinder so I am somewhat versed in the new systems but have not played tabletop 5e. what do you enjoy most about D&D? I enjoy finding my (or the party's) own solution to things.  Seeing how different players and characters all react in their own way in a given situation.  Of course I also love the different worlds and world building.  I like a good mix of combat and RP. A memorable moment in your D&D career:  Having my stubborn headed, iron willed fighter/monk (no actual monks back at this time so I made a kind of hybrid hand to hand fighter) resist against the mind control of a powerful enemy to the point of the DM make my character pass out.  The rest of my party had to carry my body around for a while but i wasn't giving in to that SOB.  Another time our DM thought we were getting a little too cocky in our combat prowess so he set up an encounter to teach us a lesson.  We all kept rolling 19s and 20s the whole fight, one of the best "luck of the roll" runs I've ever seen, and we ended up winning.  Our DM ran with it and made it work and it was a great sequence, but after the session he was like "Damn, you were supposed to loose that fight and get captured!" Discord and availability:  xenocide #3080  Available most nights around or a little after 6:00PM CDT.  Once golf season starts (should be mid-late April) I am not available Mon, Wed, Thur until after 9 or 10 PM CDT.   Sounds fun, looking forward to talking to you.