Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Friday Night 7:00 PM CDT - 5E Hardcore Mode - Do You Have What it Takes?

This Game is  FREE  but will as Good any PAID Game out there... Why Realism and why Hardcore? This is a Campaign that is Not For Everyone. This campaign challenges you just to survive.  Rewards are great, danger is deadly, and the role play will be great with the help of the players as we build a story to rival a legend . What is meant by the Realism, as in real life you don't get to pick your parents or how strong or smart you'll be, these are left up to chance and your genetic make up, in other words these are Random. To Create a Character you'll Roll Your Ability Scores In Order, and your Race or Ancestry Too. And then there is the  5E Hardcore Mode , these rules will be used in this campaign and they are not for Rules Lawyers, Power Gamers or Min Maxers. Many of the 5E Rules are modified. This product was just released and is a short read available on Drive Thru RPG for $3.50, but it is NOT necessary if you are familiar with the regular 5E Rules.  Play is Faster in Hardcore , no long waits until your next turn. It's Dark and Gritty, Middle Earth meets Ravenloft. Players Drive the Main Story through their own stories, Who, What, When, Where, and Why? Ideally seeking 4 or 5 players who love the thrill of the unknown, the randomness of life, and the satisfaction of success. If you are such a player and are reliable , and are ready to take this adventure into the unknown please post something here with your Age and 5E Experience (though no experience is actually necessary). This game will be played at 7:00 PM CDT, the Day will be Friday. DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE AN UNRELIABLE PLAYER INCAPABLE OF FOLLOWING THROUGH , a simple I've changed my mind or the rules are too tough for me is all it takes for we DMs to manage our rosters, thank you end of rant... Feel Free to Private Message Ajax for more details or the answer to questions.
Ajax - I'd love to join!  I've played in a couple of campaigns that have followed the "grittier" rules (long rests are a week, lingering injuries, etc.) and I've found them to be a lot of fun.  In terms of my experience, I started playing with Elf WAS the class, stepped away for about 20 years, and then picked it up again about 4 years ago.  I've been playing pretty regularly since then in 5e on Roll20/Discord, so I'm pretty comfortable with all of that.   In terms of my reliability, I'm a married man in his mid-40's, and I've worked out with my wife that I get one night to play a weekend, so my D&D session is a priority for me.  I'm normally a little early and I'm there every week, ready to go. Thanks and I look forward to hearing more!
PM sent.
Still looking for a player or two. This campaign uses features from the 5E Hardcore Rules, Five Torches Deep, and the DMG Variants, it is an extension of the OSR bringing Fantasy Role Playing back into a grittier, more deadly mode of play. Characters here are always in danger and must rely more on their own actions and not some overpowered feat or skill. If you think you have what it takes and are Reliable Post Something Here for a more detailed Private Message. -Ajax