Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Virtual Background behind player when Roll20 video is being used

This would be an optional Roll20 video feature where the user would be able to choose to have a  Virtual Background  behind themselves while using Roll20 video.  That background could be a solid color, or it could be any image the player wanted. The benefits are: To obscure an environment behind the player that is busy and/or distracting.  Increase immersion, as players are able to choose images related to their character or the game they're playing. Increase comfort for the player whose Significant-Other or kids really don't want to inadvertently be in the Roll20 video feed. I recommend Roll20 Devs check out this feature in Zoom when you get a chance to see exactly what I'm talking about.  In my experience, once gamers know they can have a virtual background - they all do, and the background they choose will be related to the game they're playing.  I would assert that this would be a  heavily  used feature. Here's an example of what a player would look like to their fellow players, while sitting in their  disastrously  messy bedroom gaming on Roll20 and using it's new Virtual Background feature: Cheers
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .