Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 Character Sheets - For home brew use ...

I run a homebrew system in the 40k Universe on Roll20, and made a video for my players about the new character sheet feature that is coming out end of the month. YouTube Link! I was pretty proud of my work thus far, so thought I would share the demo with people so they can see what's possible. Also shout out to Honey Badger and his Custom Power Cards Script. I intend to make liberal use of it. Linky! if your interested!
Awesome!
nice! how did you add the character sheet link to the interface in the beginning?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Felts, that's part of the new character sheet system. You can double-click the title bar of the sheet to minimize the window.
Bryan, that's awesome. How difficult was it to build that? My coding is non-existant, can I just cut and paste and get something like that? I'm gonna want a LOT of customization for my party, and it looks like this system is gonna offer it, if I can figure it out! By the way, is this going to be available to the unwashed masses er I mean the cheap bastards I mean "Frugal but Valued Loyal Customer Base" like myself who haven't (yet!) paid for Roll20 access? -Phnord
That is simply amazing. I am so looking forward to using this. I will be upgrading to Mentor soon so that I can use Honey Badger's power cards API with my character sheets it just looks so wonderful not to. I hope many of the other character sheet creators see what you have done here. I don't have any code skills, but hope we see this type of functionality in the sheets for all the systems.
Phnord Prephect said: By the way, is this going to be available to the unwashed masses er I mean the cheap bastards I mean "Frugal but Valued Loyal Customer Base" like myself who haven't (yet!) paid for Roll20 access? -Phnord Lol! +1
May 28th the character sheets will go to the parsimonious patrons. 10 lousy bucks a month, I save that in munchies and cleaning up after a bunch of Dorrito eating gamers trash my house. Now they eat their food, and don't lift the seat on their toilet, I am just sayin', pay these guys the $10. Or does it have to come to "Nice little fantasy world you have here. It would be a shame if something happened to mess it up, ya know, if your dice started coming up 1 all the time..."
Gid
Roll20 Team
The community created character sheet templates will be a available to all account users. Mentors will have the ability to design and use their own custom made templates.

Edited 1399301084
Phnord Prephect said: Bryan, that's awesome. How difficult was it to build that? My coding is non-existant, can I just cut and paste and get something like that? I'm gonna want a LOT of customization for my party, and it looks like this system is gonna offer it, if I can figure it out! By the way, is this going to be available to the unwashed masses er I mean the cheap bastards I mean "Frugal but Valued Loyal Customer Base" like myself who haven't (yet!) paid for Roll20 access? -Phnord So it does take a bit of CSS and HTML knowledge. My understanding is you can use community sheets that are community approved without paying. But if you want to build your own, you need to be a mentor. As a mentor, yes you can cut and paste it. Most of the community sheets are shared in github, so anybody can take the raw html and edit it to their heart's desire. My sheet specifically would be mentor only, because the system i use his home-brew. I didn't intend to share the sheet code for that reason, though if anyone wanted to steal the layout as a pattern for their own home-brew work, let me know and i'll send it to you. Currently there are something like 10 sheets on the dev server already for various popular game systems.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bryan W. said: Currently there are something like 10 sheets on the dev server already for various popular game systems. And the White Wolf sheets (Exalted, Mage, Vampire, and Werewolf) that are on the repo are using black magic. I've orchestrated radio buttons (in the same button group!) that get automatically filled in on the left like the actual character sheet, using pure CSS. I also helped the author of the Mage sheet create the Quintessence/Paradox wheel, although that was pretty much just using positioning and rotation. /me cackles evilly My other black magic contribution to the character sheets was a roll command rather than CSS wizardry, but I managed to generate a switch block executed by /roll. It was glorious. =D
I should get some kickback for that Power Card script... lol... and Brian. :D
If people start paying me, i'll be sure to cut you a check haha.