Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

What in the ever living [censord]!? happend to my account?

I have $46 credit in my account.  I logged in just this afternoon and I'm now back to be a FREE user (with 700mb of stuff I can't use) and every time I try and USE my credit to just switch to a monthly and the site keeps demanding payall or my credit card.  I ALREADY HAVE CREDIT FROM MY PLAYERS ON THERE TO USE FOR A PLUS MEMBERSHIP. WHAT THE HELL?!  No I am not giving a credit card number...I HAVE EXISTING CREDIT.  No I am NOT using Paypall, the credit is already logged into the site. IF the site admins had given free users a 1gig limit I wouldn't have an issue; I barely use advanced lighting and my material us UNDER 800 MB. That is neither here nor there... I have the credit why am I not being allowedd to use it?!
I just want to add that while this hasn't happened to me yet, I refuse to tie payment information to my account after the data breach. I too am sitting with a credit, and expect it to be honored without requiring additional personal information when the time comes.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
All money, private and account things are done directly with email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>
Dylan - if you do reach out to support via email, please update with the result. I'd like to know if they intend to hold funding until it becomes a legal issue or if they're amenable to helping folks out. It's a very easy way to lose business.
Loremir said: Dylan - if you do reach out to support via email, please update with the result. I'd like to know if they intend to hold funding until it becomes a legal issue or if they're amenable to helping folks out. It's a very easy way to lose business. Oh believe you me; they do NOT reimburse me or reactivate my account to plus? They are in for a beating.&nbsp; And I already have sent one e-mail to the support address plus an addendum; I will be sending a screen cap of my credit remaining and the payment page NOT allowing me to use said credit on a by-month basis.
Hi Dylan, Apologies for the delay. Our support staff is still working through an extreme influx of support requests and we are trying to get to as many as we can in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience during this time. We do not withhold credit funds or purposefully halt anyone's subscription. Our goal is to always get folks back to gaming as quickly as possible, not put forth another barrier to play.

Edited 1584502890
Drespar said: Hi Dylan, Apologies for the delay. Our support staff is still working through an extreme influx of support requests and we are trying to get to as many as we can in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience during this time. We do not withhold credit funds or purposefully halt anyone's subscription. Our goal is to always get folks back to gaming as quickly as possible, not put forth another barrier to play. Thank you.&nbsp; Sorry, but it was bad enough when you folks no longer had external juke-box support for "real" music and free-users were forced to pay-out to get their sound FX and music back (as 100 MB is useless, I mean insultingly useless).&nbsp; My players were kind enough to 'pass-the-hat' to get me to plus, and I'm barely reaching close to 800 megs, let alone 3 GBs worth. When I saw my account set to "free" when I still had the better part of a year left?&nbsp; With the Covid-19 thing forcing people to be isolated and then THAT happened?&nbsp; Yes, I lost it. Regardless, thank you for resolving this before even 12 hours elapsed. In future, please try and NOT have that happen again (and maybe reinstate monthly invoices...just a thought). ~D.L.

Edited 1584564431
Just to follow up then - Dylan, you said this is resolved, so you are successfully using your credits again without needing to provide billing information? Also - WRT to the roll20 response, my concern is that it appears new/re-subscriptions require payment info per my read of the FAQ, and that this is a recent change. I am not sure why that change took place and have not run into it yet as I subscribe yearly. I am grateful though if the roll20 position is to waive that for people having difficulty when its time for their next billing period. Excellent turnaround time too, I came on strongly up above because I do not approve of having to enter payment info when you have a credit - it does seem like that is the policy per what i wrote above, am I mistaken?
Loremir said: Just to follow up then - Dylan, you said this is resolved, so you are successfully using your credits again without needing to provide billing information? Also - WRT to the roll20 response, my concern is that it appears new/re-subscriptions require payment info per my read of the FAQ, and that this is a recent change. I am not sure why that change took place and have not run into it yet as I subscribe yearly. I am grateful though if the roll20 position is to waive that for people having difficulty when its time for their next billing period. Excellent turnaround time too, I came on strongly up above because I do not approve of having to enter payment info when you have a credit - it does seem like that is the policy per what i wrote above, am I mistaken? No idea about the payment info requirement; I haven't paid dime ONE to these guys out of my own pocket and am still enfuriated at them for screwing over free users (100 MB?!&nbsp; that is [censored] insulting); I had my players pass-the-hat to get me my credit. Yes, they resolved the problem QUICKLY when the mention of possible legal action was tabled.&nbsp; 'Billing system glitch'. Damn good thing it was resolved in less than 12 hours...I'd have been even angrier had I been schedualed to actually run my game. (Not a player; no one [censored]ing runs Rifts games without [cenored] 'voice only'...lazy pratts).
Loremir-- The intention is to allow folks to subscribe via credit without needing a credit card/paypal. We are aware of some issues where folks have been requested to input payment information to use credit they already have-- this occurred with our payment update and is something we are looking to resolve. If you encounter this issue, you can contact us directly at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> and we can typically get things rolling manually. As the core issue that this post was started on has been resolved, I am going to go ahead and close this post. Have a great day everyone!