Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trouble with spells

The other night in the game that I run, I was having trouble dragging and dropping spells onto a character sheet.  I'm the DM in that game.  Tonight, while playing in another game, the token action for spells which pops my spellbook to the chat so that I can cast a spell stopped working.  So, I tried to cast directly from the spell sheet of my 5eOGL character sheet.  All that happened is my name went to chat with a blank line.  I asked the DM to try and he had the same problem.  The DM then noted that he was able to manipulate dynamic lighting lines on his GM layer even though they're on the dynamic lighting layer.  Other players had problems casting as I did.  Some on Firefox and some on Chrome.  Note Vaelin and Mossy on the picture below:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This looks like a corrupted Chat Archive. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
I'll try that with him at the end of the session, thanks Keith!