Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Basic Fog of War Not Working

I've used basic FoW in the past with both the rectangle selection and polygon selection. However, today I can't get it to work. On the GM screen I get the yellow area and once I release the mouse button that portion of the map is "brighter", but the player view is all black. On the page settings I have FoW enabled and AFoW disabled. The Dynamic Lighting checkbox is also unchecked. I've tried turning that on with FoW on and still no change. I read the wiki that talks about how to use it and I'm doing what it requires, still no success. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
1584594940
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some ideas: 1) Make sure that both you and the players are on the same page, and that it is the one with the player flag, also that no one has been split from the group using the split the party feature. 2) Make sure that your map is on the map layer and not the GM layer. 3) Create a  Dummy Account  and simultaneously log in as a player in an private browsing window to make sure that everything is as you expect on both sides of the experience. 4) Make sure your players are all using a supported browser: Chrome or Firefox, and that they have javascript enabled. (although with javascript disabled, they should have the opposite problem, FoW would disappear.)
Thanks, Keith. I'm actually doing #3 which is how I discovered this issue. I've also done #2 (actually tried all the layers to be sure) and I'm using Chrome as the browser for both the editor and the mock player.
1584648167
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you solved the issue or is it still happening?
Actually it started working today, and I didn't change anything. Well, that's strange. :) Thanks!