Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

All my players see is black

Hi! I tried to DM my first game using Roll20 earlier. We booted up the game and my maps showed up for me, but my players could only see a black square where the map was supposed to be. I then checked all lighting effects and none were turned on. I then re-joined the game as a player and now I couldn´t see my maps either. I am very new to this Roll20 thing, is there something I did wrong? Is there a checkbox I should have clicked on or is it just a bug or server trouble?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hard to say. There was a glitch earlier involving graphic uploading. If you reupload and still have an issue, it would be helpful to post some screenshots here of the page settings, token settings and so forth.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Do you have fog of war turned on on any of the maps?&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Fog_of_War" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Fog_of_War</a> If nothing else, a screenshot of your map settings and token settings would be helpful to be able to spot anything off.
A fairly common issue that a lot of new DMs are having. If you check your page toolbar, you can see all of your pages. On one of the pages there's a red banner that says "players" Try moving that one to a different page and see if that helps. If it's just on a default page nothing will happen for them visually. You always have to move the player banner to your "active" page. Hope this helps!
Hi thanks for the quick answers. It seems like it was the player banner thing that was causing the issue. Thank you so much!