Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug Thread: Copying games, missing marketplace tokens, modules, add-ons, compendium drops

Edited 1584627108
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Greetings! This morning, after some overnight optimizations, we found that several functions related to those optimizations were not working. We have now fixed the issue, and apologize for interrupting your games. If you experienced issues with the following and they still don't work , please comment in this thread: Copying games Creating a game from a module Seeing marketplace assets in your library Adding an add-on to a game Patching add-ons and modules Thanks for your feedback and patience while we continue to scale up to meet demand. Edit to add: Please reload the game if you cannot see the library assets. Edit 2: Dragging and dropping from the compendium, also affecting the Charactermancer, is a related issue and will also be addressed in this thread.
Unable to upload music and files. Have a plus account  and still 2.8GB of space left.
Free Assets are still not showing up
Free Assets still not showing. Error log says we are being denied access to server.
I cant drag and drop monster tokens from the compendium. It worked 40minutes ago, i still have enough space left and it works to drag tokens from the journal, just not the compendium. PS: The Charactermancer doesnt work anymore too
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you were already in a game, please make sure you re-load the app!
Exited game, reloaded, refreshed but problem still persisted. Don't worry though, I'll be going to sleep soon, so you can take your time and I'll hope it's fixed by tomorrow haha
Same problem, free assets refuse to show up.
still all  still empty, after reload and restart 
Stephanie B. said: If you were already in a game, please make sure you re-load the app! Stephanie, Thank you for the advice! I tried all of it to no avail, taking a look at the error log, Roll20 is getting a 404 error from the servers it is trying to hit to gather the resources.  I'd check server settings/permissions. Steve (DBA in the real world)
Have the same problem with tokens not showing up. My players can´t see the map either, the map is just completely black. I have checked if it was a lighting issue, but that doesn´t seem to be the problem.
DeSlay P. said: still all  still empty, after reload and restart  I'm having this exact same problem currently as well.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the reports! We are investigating the free assets issue now.
Getting the following when try to add an add-on to my game There was an error when trying to include the addon  Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (Autumn) : * undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
We can re-create the error with not being able to drop from the compendium and are working on a fix.  Thanks for your patience! TwirtelDM said: I cant drag and drop monster tokens from the compendium. It worked 40minutes ago, i still have enough space left and it works to drag tokens from the journal, just not the compendium. PS: The Charactermancer doesnt work anymore too
Free Assets are still not showing up
Free Assets are still not showing up to me
Drag n drop working again for me.
Free Assets are not showing up to me too
Let the staff work, guys. Calm down and keep cool ;)
No longer have option to filter Spells in the In-Game Compendium
All, I also do not see an "add-on" section in the Game Deatails screen. I have a basic account only - but I have not seen anything abut add-ons being available for a plus/premium users only.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, everyone, and thanks for your patience! We have resolved the following issues: Drag and drop from compendium not working, also affecting Charactermancer Free assets were still not showing up Thank you so much for your quick replies to this thread! Please reply if you are still having issues with these functions: Copying games Creating a game from a module Seeing marketplace assets in your library Adding an add-on to a game Patching add-ons and modules Dragging and dropping from the compendium (including using Charactermancer)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thomas, In investigating this issue, we think you may have created your game and then tried to add the add-on when creating games from a module was not working correctly, which resulted in a corrupted game. Can you try to make a new Dragon Heist game and see if the add-on works? Thanks! Thomas S. said: Getting the following when try to add an add-on to my game There was an error when trying to include the addon  Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (Autumn) : * undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Szymon, The add-ons appear below the description in the Game Details page, but are collapsed. When you click the header, the drop-down box appears, along with any add-ons currently in your game (click to view the animation) If you don't see the Game Addons header, can you follow the steps in Solving Technical Issues , and if the problem still persists, post a screen shot here of what you do see? Szymon L. said: All, I also do not see an "add-on" section in the Game Deatails screen. I have a basic account only - but I have not seen anything abut add-ons being available for a plus/premium users only.

Edited 1584632264
Dragging and dropping is possible again but I have lost the ability to filter my compendium.
When I go to the campaign settings I can no longer see all the customizable option after selecting "Character Sheet Template: D&D 5E by Roll20" (like using charactermancer etc). And I can't even save changes if I'm making some.
Tony and TuffJake -- thank you for the report. We're working on a fix for the compendium filter now.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, everyone! The compendium filters, formatted spell/monster cards, and a little bug where logged-out visitors saw the source dropdown on compendium pages should all be fixed now.
Hello, I've observed that Pathfinder tokens which were in Free assets have disappeared. Any way to get them back ? Thx.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Tenshin! I'm not entirely sure what Pathfinder tokens you're referring to. I know it's hard to identify something you can't see anymore, but if you have any more detailed information (the exact name, perhaps), that would help us track it down. Tenshin H. said: Hello, I've observed that Pathfinder tokens which were in Free assets have disappeared. Any way to get them back ? Thx.
Hello. Drag and Drop from the Compendium into a character sheet is still not working 100% for me. Spells will not copy over into character sheets.
The Pathfinder Token sets have disappeared from my library area as well. I had used the tokens as placeholders for characters and cannot see the name of the files any longer. Hope the screenshot will help track things down.
I think I have found the issue with the Pathfinder tokens. Those tokens are part of a bundle when purchasing the Compendium called the "Pathfinder Second Edition Character Art Pack". The instructions read, "You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app." I had the Free account version initially and upgraded to the Pro account recently. With the maintenance, those materials vanished. So, perhaps others who do not own the Compendium may have been affected by the tokens being in their library initially then now being removed.

Edited 1584654212
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Chocobi said: Hello. Drag and Drop from the Compendium into a character sheet is still not working 100% for me. Spells will not copy over into character sheets. Hi Chocobi -  Can you provide me the below information in relation to this issue, please? What character sheet are you using in your game? What spells have you seen this happen with?
teero said: I think I have found the issue with the Pathfinder tokens. Those tokens are part of a bundle when purchasing the Compendium called the "Pathfinder Second Edition Character Art Pack". The instructions read, "You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app." I had the Free account version initially and upgraded to the Pro account recently. With the maintenance, those materials vanished. So, perhaps others who do not own the Compendium may have been affected by the tokens being in their library initially then now being removed. Hey teero -  Can you provide me the name of the game in which those assets were once accessible before, please? I'll further investigate to see what might be going on. Thank you for your patience here!
Nicholas said: Chocobi said: Hello. Drag and Drop from the Compendium into a character sheet is still not working 100% for me. Spells will not copy over into character sheets. Hi Chocobi -  Can you provide me the below information in relation to this issue, please? What character sheet are you using in your game? What spells have you seen this happen with? I'm using DnD 5e by Roll 20 After some testing it seems bizarre. I have found a workaround. The spell list has to be edited to accept drops; i basically have to delete a spell in order to start adding them again.  It's as if the list was frozen.
Nicholas, thank for your quick response. Our game is OK, we do not currently own the Compendium but are planning on adding it in very soon, so having those assets removed is fine. I imagine because I had checked the "Share Compendium with players", it added that asset to the game incorrectly. As you asked, our game is named "Age of Ashes - Pathfinder 2e" (there are two listings using the same name, one for Tuesday and one for Friday). Both were affected. Thank you. Nicholas said: teero said: I think I have found the issue with the Pathfinder tokens. Those tokens are part of a bundle when purchasing the Compendium called the "Pathfinder Second Edition Character Art Pack". The instructions read, "You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app." I had the Free account version initially and upgraded to the Pro account recently. With the maintenance, those materials vanished. So, perhaps others who do not own the Compendium may have been affected by the tokens being in their library initially then now being removed. Hey teero -  Can you provide me the name of the game in which those assets were once accessible before, please? I'll further investigate to see what might be going on. Thank you for your patience here!

Edited 1584660861
There were tokens in Premium assets > Free assets > Pathdinder tokens. It was bordered tokens like this one : It was free to use and I started to build a adventure with these. The name of the game is 6h CHRONO copy Stephanie B. said: Hi, Tenshin! I'm not entirely sure what Pathfinder tokens you're referring to. I know it's hard to identify something you can't see anymore, but if you have any more detailed information (the exact name, perhaps), that would help us track it down. Tenshin H. said: Hello, I've observed that Pathfinder tokens which were in Free assets have disappeared. Any way to get them back ? Thx.
Drag and drop is not working again for characters.....
Have the same problem with tokens not showing up, the map is just completely black, I can't upload images and the images already in Roll20 don't load for me.
Dregoth said: Drag and drop is not working again for characters..... Hey Dregoth -  Can you describe specifically what you have noticed isn't working with drag and drop? Are you having trouble with spells? Items? Multiple things? Any additional information you can provide is greatly appreciated! :)
Medeiros said: Have the same problem with tokens not showing up, the map is just completely black, I can't upload images and the images already in Roll20 don't load for me. Hey Medeiros - Would you mind providing me a link to a game in which you experienced this with, please? I'll take a look at it as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience here!
Nicholas said: Medeiros said: Have the same problem with tokens not showing up, the map is just completely black,&nbsp;I can't upload images and the images already in Roll20 don't load for me. Hey&nbsp;Medeiros - Would you mind providing me a link to a game in which you experienced this with, please? I'll take a look at it as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience here! No image or map has been uploaded for me and I can't upload anything. That goes for all my tables as a player or GM. requested link:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/3315290/5x6IGQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/3315290/5x6IGQ</a> Follow the examples: <a href="https://imgur.com/RvMftFz" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/RvMftFz</a> <a href="https://imgur.com/J3hDYjJ" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/J3hDYjJ</a> <a href="https://imgur.com/PcA2CIf" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/PcA2CIf</a>
Hello, No answer for this problem ? Tenshin H. said: There were tokens in Premium assets &gt; Free assets &gt; Pathdinder tokens. It was bordered tokens like this one : It was free to use and I started to build a adventure with these. The name of the game is 6h CHRONO copy Stephanie B. said: Hi, Tenshin! I'm not entirely sure what Pathfinder tokens you're referring to. I know it's hard to identify something you can't see anymore, but if you have any more detailed information (the exact name, perhaps), that would help us track it down. Tenshin H. said: Hello, I've observed that Pathfinder tokens which were in Free assets have disappeared. Any way to get them back ? Thx.
Tenshin H. said: Hello, No answer for this problem ? Tenshin H. said: There were tokens in Premium assets &gt; Free assets &gt; Pathdinder tokens. It was bordered tokens like this one : It was free to use and I started to build a adventure with these. The name of the game is 6h CHRONO copy Stephanie B. said: Hi, Tenshin! I'm not entirely sure what Pathfinder tokens you're referring to. I know it's hard to identify something you can't see anymore, but if you have any more detailed information (the exact name, perhaps), that would help us track it down. Tenshin H. said: Hello, I've observed that Pathfinder tokens which were in Free assets have disappeared. Any way to get them back ? Thx. I am having the exact same problem, it would be nice to understand what happened.&nbsp;
Same problems sadly. Free asset tokens e.g. pathfinder and lots of other usually free sets seem to be missing. Is this part of the bug? Best 'n thx :)

Edited 1584964936
Thai
Plus
Hello guys,&nbsp; newbie here. After some deliberation I have purchased the Pathfinder 2e Bestiary to make my work as GM easier. Trying to drag and drop monsters from it basically whole day today and always getting the same issue. The character sheet seems to be stuck on "bulding NPC" as shown below. Nothing gets populated and I can't even fill it in manually. It is not completely game breaking but it is really anoying and lenghtening the encounters.&nbsp; Any advise, please? Edit: Using the Pathfinder 2e sheet and compendium in the game settings.&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, the obvious problem is that you have the sheet popped out.&nbsp; Charactermancer and compendium scripts require the sheet to still be in the VTT to work properly.&nbsp; After it is made, have it in another window all you want, but during creation that just causes problems.

Edited 1584975116
Thai
Plus
Kraynic said: Well, the obvious problem is that you have the sheet popped out.&nbsp; Charactermancer and compendium scripts require the sheet to still be in the VTT to work properly.&nbsp; After it is made, have it in another window all you want, but during creation that just causes problems. Thank you very much kind sir. This actually helped, I don't know if I missed it somewhere or if it was not mentioned but definitely I wouldn't figure that out myslef. Thanks again and have a great day.&nbsp;
Still not able to search the marketplace items correctly.&nbsp;