Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeon Master's Guide update please?

Another year and still no DM's Guide? I went to give a character a magic item tonight and realised the DM's guide's items aren't in Roll20. But SRD and Xanathars are.... I would happily pay for a DM's essentials pack, instead of trying to implement stuff in Roll20 from scratch. Repeating Curtis T's excellent points because plagarism saves time..... Essentials! Magic items... more compendium items woo! All the assorted rollable tables - Bring em along. Traps - we need you on the GM layer (or a new trap layer) Treasure - tool for the active GM would be nice Appendices mix of art assets, compendium entries, and rollable tables. Nice to have: NPCs - already covered in Roll20; potential for a NPC-amancer All the various class options and such - need true implementation into Charactermancer, etc. (eg paladin oathbreaker) "Master of Rules" - optional rules for charactermancer and the compendium Personally, I would say that all the flavour and content for worldbuilding doesn't help so much in Roll20 since it is how-to rather than content, but basics like core magic items not being available is a real hassle!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Devs have mentioned several times on their update streams that they will be finishing the WotC back catalog this year, including the DMG. No specific timeline has been given other than that.
I hope it's true because at this point it's all a joke on how behind they are with the books. They should actually give it for free to pro users or do something for the community for taking so long on pushing the book out.