Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for more mature players to play some D&D: Lost Mines of Phandelver on Sundays at 08.00 PM GMT+1

Edited 1584737358
New game firing up on Sunday! Escape the corona-hellscape with easy-going and nice people that include both a plague doctor, a moose-tamer and a red-bearded viking! ===================================================================================================================== "Lost Mine of Phandelver, at its core, is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will most likely advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure." A great adventure for beginners and seasoned D&amp;D'ers alike! I have added new encounters, quests and random goodies to spice up the standard version of this adventure. Expect detailed maps in both 2D and isometric, dynamic lighting and animated spells effects! ===================================================================================================================== Requirements to join: Must be 30 years or older (and not crazy) Can focus on the game and participate actively We welcome new players so don't worry if this is one of your first campaigns A requirement is, however, that you have not played this campaign before as it would give you some significant spoiler-power Can commit to playing every sunday on time at 08.00 PM GMT+1 for as long as the campaign lasts (we may discuss adding another session during the week if the group wants to and we can fit the schedules) Have an easy going and nice personality No min/max'er gnome barb/rogue/moon druid/fighter types. It has to make sense from a roleplaying perspective Game Details: It's 100% free as I don't mix business with pleasure Length: Weekly sessions lasting 4 hours with a 15 min. break midway through. Please do not apply if you know that you cannot attend on a weekly basis. The campaign could run anywhere from months to a full year depending on the group Campaign: Lost Mines of Phandelver. Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5th edition (modified) Level Range: 1 Group Size: 4-6 Difficulty: Medium/hard Combat/Roleplay Balance: Plenty of combat and roleplaying is encouraged, but only at a pace you feel comfortable with Excessive swearing, bullying, racism, homophobia and talk of politics are not permitted during the game session Communication: Voice via Discord. Make sure you have a working mic and no background noise. We want to hear your voice crystal clear Character Creation: The in-game charactermancer will serve as your character generator No homebrew or stuff from compendiums I do not own If you wish to play an exotic race (such as a drow or perhaps a trollkin from Midgard) let me know so we can see if we can make it work in the game, rp-wise. Having a full party of exotic races simply isn't realistic and would cause the party to be scrutinzed almost constantly Ability scores are determined through point buy or rolling for your stats (roll three times and select the best one) Backstory. Having a backstory is key for character development. Think about what motivates your character. What is their end-game etc. Feel free to contact me about this. I am more than willing to help so your character fit the setting and is awesome Your character will be reviewed by me before being accepted. That goes for your characters portrait/token as well About Me: As a DM I prefer catering to a well-written story and present the characters with difficult choices as well as making the decisions matter onward in the game. I believe a good game of D&amp;D requires the players to feel a sense of urgency and respect that their characters can die, if they are not careful. I aim to present challenging encounters which require teamwork, tactics and a bit of luck to overcome As for me personally I am a 37-year old veteran roleplayer from Denmark. I grew up with D&amp;D and Baldur’s Gate as some of my favorite pass time. I have used the Roll20 platform for about a year now and found a new way of enjoying D&amp;D, but I have re-discovered the joys the game brings, the unbridled creativity it requires and – of course – a great way to meet likeminded players. For any questions my discord is: Darion#8656 or you can send me a message via Roll20. I look forward to reading your application either via the game page, which should be accessible through this link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/194108/darions-lost-mine-of-phandelver-slash-slash-sundays-at-08-00-pm-gmt-plus-1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/194108/darions-lost-mine-of-phandelver-slash-slash-sundays-at-08-00-pm-gmt-plus-1</a> , or through a message on Roll20. Thank you! In-game footage (subjective to change)
Still time to make an awesome application that might land you a spot :)
I had sent you a pm asking you questions a couple days ago I think. Never heard anything back