Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Age of Ashes

Any idea when this will be available?  We just started it and definitely a lot if work to make it ready for players.  Please take my money and make my life easier.
Spren
Sheet Author
They said in the last roundtable that Age of Ashes was canceled for the time being and that they would like to get to it eventually but it won't happen in 2020.
This is extremely disappointing.  I may have to find another platform.  I am terrible at converting maps and clipping images.
Considering the fact that they've also shelved the last three parts of Return of the Runelords, I don't think that Age of Ashes will see an official roll20 release.

Edited 1576607965
Tom
Pro
Just got done watching the roundtable sadly :( It will not be on Roll20, reading between the lines for me at least, not enough staff to do this and other upcoming releases to support Pathfinder 2nd Ed that need to be released in a more , "timely manor". "new monsters and/or GM reference books are being worked on right now for 2020 release dates". Well if that means we get the second AP, Extinction Curse Module 1 rolled out by Roll20 within a month of its Jan 29th, 2020 street date then its not as big of a deal for my players and I,  BUT if it is just Lost Omens World Guide and or Character Guide then we will have issues....... Yes they offer some new things but in the end we need Adventures to play, not just a few more crunchy bits with a lot of flavor for the setting please. To date all we have is The Fall of Plaguestone, level 1-4, YIKES!!! And if one really looks at Age of Ashes most of the 6 modules are pretty much written as self contained ones in many respects.  Could be quite handy for GM's to at least have an alternative Module or two if they don't want to Import everything themselves into R20 like me and other Gm's were forced to do. I get that with the numbers as they are now in that last quarter report was not to wild for PF II (but give it time), so they are putting staff and money on things that have a bigger following or newer products,  But you know one has to have things to run, not just the rules as there is not a ton PF II homebrewing going on in a new system like this, compared to D&D 5th or even PF 1st Ed. My real hope is that we will get the 2nd AP, and especially the third one Agents of Edgewatch and the make over of Kingmaker to PF II with a lot of extras that are added from the PC game, I think Mid 2020 is that release date I would ball park it at. As for Pathfinder 1st Ed well the numbers will slide down even more as time goes by but one would hope they could at least finish what they started or get some more people hired sooner rather than later.  With 4 Million + users, there should be a budget for a few more hopefully. And finally people who play PF I and or PF II need to post up, that might help a bit more so they can see our support  my 2 cents for what its worth Tom ,
Will I get banned if I mention that the "other platform" has all of the Age of Ashes AP ready to play?
I am not sure what other platform you are talking about, but I did find one that had all 6 adventures ready.  I guess I will be giving up on roll20 and giving my money elsewhere. 
Hey folks, We hear you, and it wasn't a decision that was fun or easy to make. We're honestly glad to see y'all expressing that you want this content - we aim to please - but one of the big factors in making the decision was that we need to meet our players where they're playing, and we've had to refocus resources to reflect that. We're still going to provide support for all our existing Pathfinder releases, and we're keeping track of instances like this where folks are expressing interest in these titles. So, truly, thank you for making your voice known. For the moment though, we have to dedicate ourselves towards upcoming Paizo projects. Thanks all.
Thank you for the reply.  I will keep an eye on things here and see if things improve.  I want to give you guys my money, but sadly I will have to move on to a different platform.  Hopefully you can hire more people to support Pathfinder 2e adventure paths.   Thanks! 
Really sucks to hear that Age of Ashes won't be added to marketplace anytime soon... Hopefully Extinction Curse will be there

Edited 1576772494
I am not sure how I feel about this, I mean back when 2nd Edition was released Roll20 said that it will be fully supported adventures, corebooks everything, now not even really 6 months later they say no the adventure paths are canceled. You can't say that what we have been given can be regarded as fully supported, heck the character sheet barely works like it needs to. The sheet is not terrible but sheesh. I really like Roll20 and I want to continue to support it but Pathfinder 2e is my game of choice and if we cant get adventures to play then whats the point. Some the comments that talk about the reasons for them being canceled is because the numbers are low, well it could be that there isn't anything to play at the moment. Fall of Plaguestone only took you from levels 1-5 at most and then nothing, its not easy for an average user to build these modules in roll20, so of course most people will play the rule set that has the most pre made adventures. 
To be honest, this is really disheartening to hear. I got my new PF2 group invested in Roll20, with the expectation that the AP we're playing will be supported soon. I suppose I should have expected this when we went almost half a year without any updates on it. I've been with Roll20 since 2012, and didn't generally have a lot of complaints for most of that. But some of the recent development decisions have been frustrating, and now this news kind of tops it off. My group will be shifting platforms, once the above-mentioned "other platform" finishes their Unity update.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks, we have some points to clarify here: Adventure Paths for Pathfinder Second Edition are not in any way “cancelled” on Roll20. Our goal with our messaging in the December Roundtable was to provide some transparency as Age of Ashes would not be done before the end of the year as we had said in a previous Roundtable.  We are actively (as in, right now!) in development of Pathfinder Second Edition products. Additionally, there is adventure content on the internal 2020 calendar. I will be making some announcements in January regarding upcoming products. Thank you all for voicing your concerns - We are glad to see that you are excited to play Pathfinder Second Edition Adventure Paths on Roll20, and we are right there with you. Looking forward to showing you the plans for 2020, Trivia Director of Licensing at Roll20
Looking forward to those new products, especially a timely Adventure Path sooner please!! :)   Thanks for the update and replies team!! Tom
Thank You Trivia for responding and helping to clarify some things!!!! I am looking forward to all Pathfinder 2e content you release, just really want a new AP :)

Edited 1576958472
Tom
Pro
Hoping more Pf II players and GM's post up here on their thoughts on this subject!!  :) I am a player in Age of Ashes, almost done with Module 1 I am GMing Age of Ashes for a group, 2 sessions in And also GMing my main group through Age of Ashes starting Jan 4th Tom PS, GMed 2 groups through The Fall of Plaguestone already, 1 TPKed just before the ending and another got through it all with flying colors
As a PF2 GM, I would love as much material as I can get.
Anyone catch their round table yet and what was noted for PF 2nd Edition? Sadly with the lack of posts on getting Age done on here thats not going to happen, but hopefully more will be posting and I plan on a PF 2nd Ed tthread here so people can show their interest and prefs  for the R20 team to take notice of, it will be up Saturday Cheers, I'll be checking out the twitch stream sat as well!! Tom
Great to hear that an update will be provided this month on 2020 plans.  Our group is almost done with FoP and looking to transition into our first AP on Roll20.   Hopefully sooner versus later.
My twitch streaming channel is sponsored by roll20.net "That's how we roll!" And, it upsets me that I can't give them my twitch money to showcase Pathfinder2E Adventure Path for them.
This is very disappointing. When PF2 came out our group discussed what platform we wanted to use. We are a very geographically challenged group so IRL games are not an option. We decided to stay on roll20 because I had already invested in some art assets for some previous homebrew content and my players were already familiar with roll20. For me as the GM through the main draw was the release of FoP with the assumption that AoA was just around the corner. I just don't have the time to do the prepwork for digital play anymore. Without the pre-made adventures i lose 80% of my reason for staying on roll20. Had I known it would be taking this long I would have invested in PF2 content on other platforms instead of on roll20. I understand why they are doing it. I just wish they would be a LOT more clear about their release schedule. "New PF2 adventures in 2020" just isn't good enough. At least give us a month if not the name of the adventure or the date. Roll20 have been making a some of nice improvements for the players over the last year. But I just keep thinking that the players will go where the GMs are, and as a GM I feel left out...

Edited 1580667734
I think that is the my biggest disappointment with Roll20 is the lack of communication. Especially with anything regarding Pathfinder 2e. To put it mildly its a joke. When you look at other platforms and you see they are completely up to date on content for 2e and then you see what we are having to deal with here it is not a surprise that people would leave for that other platform and its not just for Pathfinder products. They also have all the dnd 5e books up to date as well. I really want to stay here but patience is running thin. You promised full support for Pathfinder 2e and we havent got it, and its not been close. No adventure paths, the character sheet is barely useable and dont get me started on the lack of quality the bestiary has. The fact that when you bring out a creature token from the bestiary and it doesnt have the HP showing up there is a serious problem. We really need better communication from Roll20. I really like this platform but as of right now I dont feel I am getting my money's worth here.
Trivia said: Hi folks, we have some points to clarify here: Adventure Paths for Pathfinder Second Edition are not in any way “cancelled” on Roll20. Our goal with our messaging in the December Roundtable was to provide some transparency as Age of Ashes would not be done before the end of the year as we had said in a previous Roundtable.  We are actively (as in, right now!) in development of Pathfinder Second Edition products. Additionally, there is adventure content on the internal 2020 calendar. I will be making some announcements in January regarding upcoming products. Thank you all for voicing your concerns - We are glad to see that you are excited to play Pathfinder Second Edition Adventure Paths on Roll20, and we are right there with you. Looking forward to showing you the plans for 2020, Trivia Director of Licensing at Roll20 Anyone know where is the accouncements Trivia was talking about? Or has it not happended yet?

Edited 1581118922
Ha!!!!!!!!!! They barely even talked about it.. I am really starting to lose faith in them in regards to Pathfinder 2e. During the roundtable last night they spoke about it for a few seconds, telling us that there will be an adventure path this year and other stuff might be on the horizon. No specifics at all. It was disappointing. We really need some dates, something more concrete to keep our hopes up but oh well nothing yet.
Brandon M. said: Ha!!!!!!!!!! They have barely even talked about it.. I am really starting to lose faith in them in regards to Pathfinder 2e. During the roundtable last night they spoke about it for a few seconds, telling that there will be an adventure path this year and other stuff might be on the horizon. No specifics at all. It was disappointing. We really need some dates, something to concrete to keep our hopes up but oh well nothing yet. I aggre with you, this is really disappointing. They say they need to meet their players where they are playing, but no one will ever buy PF2 adventure if there is none to buy. I'm hand-building my Age of Ashes right now, as i had build my Hell's Rebels 2 years ago, but this is really time consuming and The Fall of Plaguestone was a refreshing take on DMing with little to no homework to do except reading the story. I had hope for more, but i might have to look elsewhere.
I am hoping that Roll20 starts to sell the Pathfinder Society Second Edition scenarios. Our Online Region has a large number of players and GMs that use Roll20. We see another VTT is marketing them but we prefer to use Roll20.
Xathos of Varisia said: I am hoping that Roll20 starts to sell the Pathfinder Society Second Edition scenarios. Our Online Region has a large number of players and GMs that use Roll20. We see another VTT is marketing them but we prefer to use Roll20. I agree, those would be much easier and faster to publish I would think..
Jay said: This is very disappointing. When PF2 came out our group discussed what platform we wanted to use. We are a very geographically challenged group so IRL games are not an option. We decided to stay on roll20 because I had already invested in some art assets for some previous homebrew content and my players were already familiar with roll20. For me as the GM through the main draw was the release of FoP with the assumption that AoA was just around the corner. I just don't have the time to do the prepwork for digital play anymore. Without the pre-made adventures i lose 80% of my reason for staying on roll20. Had I known it would be taking this long I would have invested in PF2 content on other platforms instead of on roll20. I understand why they are doing it. I just wish they would be a LOT more clear about their release schedule. "New PF2 adventures in 2020" just isn't good enough. At least give us a month if not the name of the adventure or the date. Roll20 have been making a some of nice improvements for the players over the last year. But I just keep thinking that the players will go where the GMs are, and as a GM I feel left out... ++ Something about needing to put resources where the gaming is, but .....  how are we supposed to run PF2 without content?  The promise of an adventure path arriving "in 2020" is going to leave me looking for an alternative to roll20 unless we get some real info.

Edited 1582290746
Jordan B. said: Jay said: This is very disappointing. When PF2 came out our group discussed what platform we wanted to use. We are a very geographically challenged group so IRL games are not an option. We decided to stay on roll20 because I had already invested in some art assets for some previous homebrew content and my players were already familiar with roll20. For me as the GM through the main draw was the release of FoP with the assumption that AoA was just around the corner. I just don't have the time to do the prepwork for digital play anymore. Without the pre-made adventures i lose 80% of my reason for staying on roll20. Had I known it would be taking this long I would have invested in PF2 content on other platforms instead of on roll20. I understand why they are doing it. I just wish they would be a LOT more clear about their release schedule. "New PF2 adventures in 2020" just isn't good enough. At least give us a month if not the name of the adventure or the date. Roll20 have been making a some of nice improvements for the players over the last year. But I just keep thinking that the players will go where the GMs are, and as a GM I feel left out... ++ Something about needing to put resources where the gaming is, but .....  how are we supposed to run PF2 without content?  The promise of an adventure path arriving "in 2020" is going to leave me looking for an alternative to roll20 unless we get some real info. I think this is my biggest issue with Roll20 right now, the lack of communication is astounding. You are absolutely right when you say people aren't going to play a game that  they have to upload all of the content more then a game system that has premade content already there. The process of setting up maps, dynamic lighting, preparing handouts and etc. is pretty daunting for most GM's.
Trivia said: Hi folks, we have some points to clarify here: Adventure Paths for Pathfinder Second Edition are not in any way “cancelled” on Roll20. Our goal with our messaging in the December Roundtable was to provide some transparency as Age of Ashes would not be done before the end of the year as we had said in a previous Roundtable.  We are actively (as in, right now!) in development of Pathfinder Second Edition products. Additionally, there is adventure content on the internal 2020 calendar. I will be making some announcements in January regarding upcoming products. Thank you all for voicing your concerns - We are glad to see that you are excited to play Pathfinder Second Edition Adventure Paths on Roll20, and we are right there with you. Looking forward to showing you the plans for 2020, Trivia Director of Licensing at Roll20 When is the ETA for Age of Ashes then? I hope you realize that other VTT are already offering ALL Paizo products as they get released without falling behind of schedule as you guys did. You're losing a chance here.
March 19th on their Twitch show is when they will tell us more on Pathfinder 2nd Ed Upcoming products, And at least 1 will be an AP they said. My groups and I would rather have AP 3 Agents of Edgewater over AP 1 Age or AP 2 Curse because those 2 were written up before the rules were even finalized, let alone the Core Rule Book being out!! Paizo said on their Twitch streams that AoEW will,be the first AP post CRB with ALL of that factored in, unlike the first 2 AP's (and you can most def tell!!).  The updated for PF 2 Kingmaker will also have that benefit as that one drops in this December. The first module of Agents comes out in July so they should have plenty of time (and more staff hired) hopefully to get the first ever Paizo AP out on or close to its street date, and that is a big deal, just look at some of the later 5th Ed ones.  Yes the rule the roost here on Roll20 but us Pathfinder players would like this treatment to once in a while. But I hear ya on Age, and I just bite the bullet and crafted it myself here months ago so run my groups through it.  The 2nd AP you know the "Circus " one is a bit nitch for GM's and players so if Age and Curse are backlogged so we can get day 1 or near day 1 access to Edgewater and hopefully Kingmaker, its worth the wait however painfull it is sadly. Tom
My group used to play Pathfinder 2.ed "old school" with pen and paper and miniatures. Given the current Corona situation we started meeting on Roll20. I think there might be many groups like us that are switching to VVT´s right now. Pathfinder 2.ed is a really currently the best system out there. To have a adventure path like Age of Ashes ready in a short time could sway a lot of players to the Roll20 platform. 

Edited 1584710413
They announced last night on the stream that in June they will be dropping the complete  Extinction Curse adventure path in one big bundle and then starting in July they will be releasing the new adventure path books on release day every month after that, also they are putting Bestiary 2 up for pre-order today! They also spoke about Age of Ashes and it will be put on the back catalogue to finish at a later date once they get caught up with all the new AP's.
Yep, just started a new thread on this cool developement :) Tom