Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can you hand off GM capability?

So my IRL group is looking at using roll20 during the covid-19 crisis but my GM is hesitant because he thinks it might be alot of work. I was thinking about just setting up the game for him to make it easier, but once a game is created could I hand the GM reins over to his account?

Edited 1584733824
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yes, you can promote other people to GM in a campaign. I did exactly the same thing just a few days ago to my IRL group & GM.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Note that you will still be a GM on the game, you'll need to use the Rejoin as Player button to become a player. (You can right click the button and copy the link to get a link to the game that always loads you in as a Player)
Dope ty guys