Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New to Roll20. Help on characters in d&d pls.

Old timer, self isolating so need to bring my games online. So I’ve set up, bought the Saltmarsh module (I ran this in ‘82 when it first came out!). I’ve also bought the ph compendium. Now I can generate characters quickly and easily with charactermancer. But my players can’t. I’ve tried googling extensively but nothing seems to work. I have “added” new characters from the journal tab and named them after the players, but they can’t seem to use the character generator. I have marked the characters I created as editable by the relevant players and shared my compendium (ph). That’s what I got from googling. But it’s still not happening.  Any help from you savvy people?  Thanks, jeff
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Double-check that the sheets are both "editable by" and "visible to" your players. Could you explain in greater detail what you/they mean with "but they can’t seem to use the character generator." Tell them to describe i detail what is or isn't happening. Do they at least see the character sheets?
If you go to the launch page and then just under the art for your game, go to settings is this checked to yes? And if that doesn't help, on the character sheet settings page (the gear) there is this section to launch charactermancer.
Thanks guys. It’s working now. Was to do with permissions. I’ll be back with more daft questions soon 😀