Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to send private messages to others.

IN MY OWN GAME, I am unable to PM my players, or anyone else for that matter. I keep getting "Unauthorized to post" Mind explaining that to me?

Edited 1585351185
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Dylan L. -  Are you still experiencing the same issue? If so, would you mind telling me if the issue is occurring when sending a new message to people? Or is it when you reply to an already existing message thread? Or both?
Nicholas said: Hey Dylan L. -  Are you still experiencing the same issue? If so, would you mind telling me if the issue is occurring when sending a new message to people? Or is it when you reply to an already existing message thread? Or both? It resolved itself within the same evening; but I was unable to answer an existing message or compose a new P.M. for roughly 30 minutes. So far so good since then.  I'll keep you folks posted if it happens again.
I am having a similar issue: I'm trying to message a user from their user page. As soon as I clink "send" I am taken to a screen that is blank except for the text "Not Authorized To Post".&nbsp; In case it helps, the url for this screen is <a href="https://app.roll20.net/private_message/create" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/private_message/create</a> I am using Firefox on Linux, but have also tried Chromium, just in case.
Hey&nbsp;fols -&nbsp; We managed to diagnose the root cause here and it relates to a problem with our site's captcha settings. We have a ticket going to get it fixed, but in the meantime,&nbsp;the solution is that you need to post or reply to a public forum (not a game forum), and check the captcha that appears to the right of the text box. Thanks for the reports and sorry for any trouble here!