Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Video going in and out

Just wanted to check and see if this is common before I report my game.  I have 5 people on screen in video chat, and none of us EVER have all five people with video at the same time. Each of us always has at least one person with no video up. This is not because of anyone's setup isnt working they are working fine the rest of the time. Reconnect SOMETIMES fixes it and sometimes makes it worse (someone comes back up but two more go down). We basically play Reconnect Roulette to see if we can get the majority of people able to see each other. Is this common or is it just us five people?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It is common. Four connections seems to be where a lot of people report problems starting. Some folks have better luck. I usually fall back to Skype or Discord at that point.

Edited 1584996270
I would really like a dedicated video app where you can move the feeds and keep them on top of other apps. How is Discord for group video?