Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Trait Description Error

1585057194

Edited 1585057725
I have a problem with on of my npc character sheet macros in the Abilities section. It was working yesterday but as of today, when I import or create a new NPC character sheet, the macro is giving me an error: Macro: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_desc}}} Error for newly created sheets as of today: No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_npctrait_-M3BjYE6bsTo2irbLGki_desc} Anybody can help me with this? Should I post this in the Bugs section?
1585068257

Edited 1585068743
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Apparently the sheet was updated yesterday. This shouldn't affect existing NPCs, but it will affect new drops. "desc" is now "description". Try this: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_description}}}
1585068695
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have posted an enquiry as to the reasoning behind this change in  D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 .
keithcurtis said: Apparently the sheet was updated yesterday. This shouldn't affect existing NPCs, but it will affect new drops. "desc" is now "description". Try this: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_description}}} Yeap, thats exactly what was happening. Just change "desc" for "description" and it will work. Thanks man.
Thank you! It works :)
Thanks a bunch. Though I am curious about why the change.
1585158217
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Me too. Changing an attribute name causes errors in existing macros and scripts, and apparently causes the sheet to hang onto some duplicate data.