Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New player added to game -token problem

I set up all pcs with tokens successfully. Now I have a new player who has joined and when I try and give his character a token his character name does not appear in the “represents” menu on the token’s setting. Ive tried doing it all ways around but can’t make this happen.  Please help! thanks! 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Did you create a handout instead of a character?  Also make sure the character has a name. 
Thanks. Character has name and no it’s not a handout. The token edit just won’t display the character name. Driving me nuts.  Not sure if this is anything to do with it -the character icon on the journal is separate from all the other characters it’s at the top above handling etc as it was created later. It’s definitely a character sheet with icon though. any idea anyone??
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you screenshot the Journal where the character appears, and also the character when it's open?
Are those clear? 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's really strange.  If you want to PM me an invite to your game and GM me, I'll come investigate directly.
Thank you Aaron. For your help. After fiddling around last night I have sorted it out. To be honest I’m not exactly sure how but I went through all the pages and deleted a few stray tokens. Then the characters name appeared on the drop down list on the token settings although it still didn’t find it when I typed in the search box. Definitely something weird, some minor and specific bug but I can’t exactly put my finger on it.  Thanks again for your help and offer. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
My best guess is there is some stray unicode in the name which is preventing it from showing up, but still lets it show in the journal and character sheet.