Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Old Skool 3.5 DM struggling with new fangled technology

Hi all Same as a lot of other people, I have moved my regular 3.5 Forgotten Realms group over to Roll20. We are holding off on our main campaign as tbh the work involved will be too extensive, so just doing a fun short term series of sessions. I'm using Diana P. awesome 3.5 character sheet and mostly doing ok with it. Players are all registered, tokens assigned to journals and able to do initiatives, attacks etc but I am struggling with setting up NPC attacks. Using the default templated macro's are 'ok' but for example I don't like that it shows damage even if it misses, plus it doesn't show what is rolled with modifiers. I've attached the macro I am using, would anyone be able to give a bit of advice on how to amend the macro so it shows what is actually rolled + modifiers, this is especially important for the confirmed criticals. I know I am likely in the minority playing 3.5 (tbh would prefer 2nd Ed. but don't have time to teach players that version on top of setting up Roll20) /w gm &{template:DnD35Attack} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{subtags=attacks @{target|token_name} }} {{npcflag=true}} {{fullattackflag= [[ d1 ]] }} {{attack1=A1 (?{attack 1 name| claw} ): [[ {d20cs>?{attack 1 crit range?|20}+?{attack 1 bonus|0}}>@{target|bar2} ]] hit; }} {{critconfirm1=Crit!: [[ {d20+?{attack 1 bonus|0}}>@{target|bar2} ]] hit }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }} {{damage1=D1:?{attack 1 damage?| [[ 1d6+6 ]] } }} {{critdmg1=+?{attack 1 addt'l crit damage?| [[ 1d6+6 ]] } crit dmg }} Thank you in advance
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
When I want to see what was rolled on the D20 (important in 13th Age) I just mouse over the result and it shows everything. This has worked for me for 6 years. 
Andrew R. said: When I want to see what was rolled on the D20 (important in 13th Age) I just mouse over the result and it shows everything. This has worked for me for 6 years.  Thats brilliant thank you, never knew that was a feature and covers what I need.