Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Open character sheet issue (and request)

One of my players last night had his character sheet open and then minimized it... and then couldn't find it again.  The box is so light and hard to see that he just couldn't find it on the screen (he's an older player and his eyesight isn't as good as a younger person's).  The problem is that when he clicked on his character name in the journal, nothing seemed to happen. Even if you have good eyesight, it's easy for the minimized window to get lost on the screen. And I've since discovered, through testing, that when you click on the journal entry the minimized window moves position on the screen but does not open.   This might be a bug. So, my request is: can we either get some control over the appearance of the minimized window?  Or, what may be easier to do: when you click on the entry in the journal, have the minimized window pop open?  If that's what's supposed to happen (i.e. the window is supposed to open when you click the entry) then this is definitely a bug because that doesn't work! Thank you.
There is a shortcut key that might help you and your players in the meantime. If the character sheet is mapped to the token then do the following: select the token, hold down the Alt key and double click on the token. This will open the character sheet. Any minimized sheet will maximize and become active.
I'm aware of that, thank you, and was trying to walk him through it.  He claimed he was doing it but nothing happened.  I still think that the best solution is that when you click on the journal entry, the window pops open regardless of where it is or what state it is in - i.e. minimized or not.