Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Complete noob looking for beginner friendly group

Hello everyone, I am a person who's had an interest in getting into tabletop gaming for some time but have never known where to even start looking for a game. I found Roll20 today and thought that these strange times could be as good as any to start something new. I suppose there are a couple of ways I could go. I can find an existing group willing to take me in and be patient with me. Another thought I had was to get a new group together that would be friendly to new players (my brother is showing some interest and I have another friend I think could be interested), and then find an experienced GM (who would also be willing to be patient with new players). I don't know any specifics beyond what I've already said. D&D is obviously the most well-known game of this type but I'm willing to try whatever. Thanks for any guidance this community can offer!
i'm in the same boat so if you find something please keep me in mind
Hi noobs.. I’m a Noob GM looking for advice on my marketplace purchases and pitfalls of getting started....It’t tough to find a community for this roll20 thing. The facebook groups are super specific and the forum doesn’t have a general chat area. Is this where noobs come for advice and comradery?
Hi, Me and a buddy used to have a group (i was the dm) but some people fell out and we are looking for new people to play with. We are newcomer friendly (mostly since we ourselfs aren't too experienced). If interested pls shoot me a message! Nathan C. said: Hello everyone, I am a person who's had an interest in getting into tabletop gaming for some time but have never known where to even start looking for a game. I found Roll20 today and thought that these strange times could be as good as any to start something new. I suppose there are a couple of ways I could go. I can find an existing group willing to take me in and be patient with me. Another thought I had was to get a new group together that would be friendly to new players (my brother is showing some interest and I have another friend I think could be interested), and then find an experienced GM (who would also be willing to be patient with new players). I don't know any specifics beyond what I've already said. D&D is obviously the most well-known game of this type but I'm willing to try whatever. Thanks for any guidance this community can offer!
Well hello there. I am currently a free GM for a Warhammer 40k Only War RPG, and I am looking for some more players if you guys are interested and willing. The other people in the group are new as well so everyone is on the same page and learning as they go. The campaign is set in a war-torn sector of the Imperium, and you as the players are the poor dog soldiers who are putting themselves on the line to recapture a world in the name of the Emperor. As of today our meet and greet session is on Saturday at 4pm EST and we are primarily going to use discord and roll20 to play our game. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me on discord: Stormlord21#8414
Im a noob as well if you find some and need another hit me up i have a hangout account and a character rolled up ready to go
David H. said: Well hello there. I am currently a free GM for a Warhammer 40k Only War RPG, and I am looking for some more players if you guys are interested and willing. The other people in the group are new as well so everyone is on the same page and learning as they go. The campaign is set in a war-torn sector of the Imperium, and you as the players are the poor dog soldiers who are putting themselves on the line to recapture a world in the name of the Emperor. As of today our meet and greet session is on Saturday at 4pm EST and we are primarily going to use discord and roll20 to play our game. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me on discord: Stormlord21#8414 That sounds awesome! Im a huge fan of 40K but I am completely new to RPG's and never played before but always wanted to! I tried to find you on discord but unfortunately to no avail. Mine is Foshizzle126#3323

Edited 1585263324
Nathan C. said: Hello everyone, I am a person who's had an interest in getting into tabletop gaming for some time but have never known where to even start looking for a game. I found Roll20 today and thought that these strange times could be as good as any to start something new. I suppose there are a couple of ways I could go. I can find an existing group willing to take me in and be patient with me. Another thought I had was to get a new group together that would be friendly to new players (my brother is showing some interest and I have another friend I think could be interested), and then find an experienced GM (who would also be willing to be patient with new players). I don't know any specifics beyond what I've already said. D&D is obviously the most well-known game of this type but I'm willing to try whatever. Thanks for any guidance this community can offer! We are looking for at least one more to do a one-shot. Beginners welcome!  [Moderated]

Edited 1585263334
hey would you like to join my discord server, we are friendly, kind and helpful. Any questions, just ask. We are here for you. If you want to Dm a game you have to be level/rank 3 which can be done in 2 days if you talk in the general chat or post memes. [Moderated]
Always looking to run WoD for noobs. IM me