Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Auto Advantage and Crit

Hey, new to Roll20 and didn't see this when searching. I have my game set to auto roll advantage and damage (for D&D 5e). When a crit happens, I see the following: How do you interpret the non-crit and crit damage from this? I understand the actual D&D 5e rules, just not sure about this display when you auto roll everything.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Non-crit: 6 Crit: 8
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Funny, I can't find any documentation about that either.  Basically, the first number is the damage, the second number is the additional damage a crit would do, if the roll was considered a crit.
Thanks!
Seems like it would just be easier to interpret if the additional crit damage were in green text just like the attack roll. That way, you know that the 6 damage there was the roll of a 4 (+2) and that the "+2" in the line was actually the second roll of the d6 for the crit damage. It's just weird in my specific case here with the crit damage happening to add the same 2 as the plus of the attack itself.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, agree, it could be clearer.
If you mouse over the +2 on the result, you'll see that it was a d6 roll as well.