Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e NPC Passive Ability

I'm making an NPC sheet for Fire Snake. It has a passive ability called Heated Body. "A creature that touches the snake or hits it with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it takes (1d6) fire damage." So, how can I add a clickable roll to the NPC sheet for this ability? Is there a way to make an attack auto-hit?
To make give an NPC a damaging ability without an attack roll, leave the box for Attack unchecked, type out what's happening, and put the damage calculation inside [[ ]] so it will roll as it's sent to the chat window. That's what I do for breath weapons and the like. (I also bold DCs for effects that require saving throws so it's easier to see in the wall of text).
Worked great. Thanks, Dakota H!