Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PF2E Compendium Question

Hi, I’m considering buying the PF2E Core Rulebook Compendium, but I have some questions. I’ve never purchased one of these before so I’m unsure of what I’m getting for my purchase. Just for context, I am our game creator and GM. I am otherwise familiar with Roll20. (I just don’t spend a lot of time in the community) I understand that it includes an online searchable reference copy of the book, but I hope you understand my position when I say I own a hard copy of the rules, so that in of itself is the not the strongest feature for me. I’ve heard you can drag and drop content like spells right into the character sheet, which is really attractive. The product description also mentions the “Pathfinder API”, but I don’t know much about that. Does that means I can add special tools, macros and/or scripts specifically for PF2E Roll20 to my game? Beyond what is in the free character sheet? Is that the same as the drag and drop capabilities or is it something different? Also, what is a Charactermancer? Its got to be a character creation tool, but do I need the Compendium to use it? Does the Compendium make the Charactermancer better / easier somehow? I guess I’m looking for a few extra details above what is in the product description. I’m trying to understand what about it makes my life easier as a PF2E Gm (or my players) beyond an online searchable database. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
A lot of this is still in development, as of now, the Spells and Feats are drag/drop ready, and it builds the macros into the them. It is quite nice. The Charactermancer is still in development and makes the creation like 5 minutes. It will require the compendium and any books you want to use to be purchased for Roll 20, I have it for 5E and it was very well done. The art assets are nice to have as well, gives more token options.  The Content makes life easier, but none of it is truly required. With AoN or the physical book nearby, you have all that you "need." But, being able to drag the spells onto the sheet instead of cut and paste, and fill all the tabs in yourself, it will save time. Remember though, it is still being finished and the team isn't nearly as quick as their competitors at FG are. My biggest gripe about Roll 20.
@Jariath Thank you! That is the reply that I was looking for. Thank you for your candor. I think I’m going to get it as a long term investment.